Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

My collection of heer daggers

Article about: Hi guys, it's been a while since I posted my collection of kriegsmarine daggers. But as some of you know, I also love army daggers. I would like to share the pictures of my heer dagger colle

What a pleasure to see these. Just love this thread.
    Thanks for sharing!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My collection of heer daggers
    P
    Many

?

Thanks Paul! Always a pleasure sharing the collection with fellow collectors and there's a lot more to post

Danny

?

Love those early enhanced pommels and guards!
    The feathers are beautiful executed, hand engraved a lovely piece!
    This Höller looks a lot like the 1st Alcoso and Plumacher guards.
    thx for showing Danny!

Regards,
    Ger

Agree with Ger, this example has the smoother top of the head Eagle usually seen on the Alcoso initial production examples. Hollers often have the more squared off back of the head version. Not saying it is wrong as variations seem to be the rule on these daggers sometimes! The scabbard bands are different looking than my example too.. mine is very much like the ACS bands. Neat to see these differences. I will pul out my Holler slant later when I am home and have a closer look. Kevin.

?

It's a known fact that the Alcoso 1st crossguard looks like a Höller 1st guard. But I personally never saw an Alcoso 1st guard with hand enhanced feathers. If anyone has, it would be interesting to see some pictures. In my experience all type 1 Höller crossguards have hand enhanced feathers.

Danny

?

Threads like these hurt my wallet I love me some Höller!

I see this Holler has the thick, deep relief Ferrell that was an initial ONLY Holler feature! Kevin.

?

Here's another army dagger by Höller. This one is a later example with the typical type 3 Höller crossguard. The personalization on the crossguard looks great.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My collection of heer daggers   My collection of heer daggers  

My collection of heer daggers   My collection of heer daggers  

?

Here's a nice early dagger by Clemen&Jung. It has the early WKC guard and a beautiful plated blade.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My collection of heer daggers   My collection of heer daggers  

Danny
    Very nice C&J with the rare one sided maker mark. Only seen a few of these over the years and as Heers68 pointed out in another thread they usually have almost a matt finished blade and were polished lengthwise as evident by the visible grain!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast