Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

My Collection of Heeres Offiziersdolche

Article about: I wanted to share my army dress dagger collection, most of the daggers shown here will be the early type. I will try to show the features of each dagger in a proper way. I will show them in

Quote by gerrit View Post
    The first i will show is the Pack with the slant grip, it shows the first design by Pack.
    Pack features can't be missed, their appearance is stunning.
    Dotted pommel, stylistic leaves on pommel and scabbardbands, the handwork on the guard like: lines in the neck, the punched eye, the rims on the other wings near the body.
    This dagger has the signature of Pack, no doubt about that.
    The initials on the guard is done beautifully!
    Im in the process of liquifying the hardened grease on the blade, bit by bit the WD40 & Balistol are getting the job done, other then the film of dried out grease the blade is mint, with full crossgrain.
    I just love this dagger, but i will let the pics do the talking.....
    Great dagger that exhibits all the special Pack hand work details that you hope to get on a dagger like this. Ger I have found that Acetone (Finger Nail Polish Remover) will take that dried grease (cosmoline) off the blade in no time and wont hurt the blade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Collection of Heeres Offiziersdolche
    P
    Many

?

Thx Tom, i cant wait to try it out
    I know this will be a long day at the office

Tom i tried the acetone and it helped a bit, the dried grease is no cosmoline and liquifies very badly.
    But it for sure improved!
    Last edited by gerrit; 11-08-2017 at 09:21 AM.

Wow great thread here!

?

Here we have a E.Pack crossguard type 2 with slant grip.
    Typical Pack features like the dots on the pommel and the stylistic leaves on the scabbardbands are cleary visible.
    First type logo is placed on the second position.
    It has a nice personalisation on the guard.
    My Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres Offiziersdolche

?

Oh my Ger! That E Pack type 2 with personalization is stunning
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Ger, Some absolutely stunning daggers could this be an advance (visual) Christmas present?? Along with some other solvents like lacquer thinner, agreeing with Tom that acetone (used outdoors) will usually help - but I remember one rifle bolt that was frozen in place with something that had solidified which took me a week to get out without damaging it or the receiver. Best Regards, Fred

?

Thank you Gents for the nice words, appreciated!

?

Another Pack to finish this E.Pack trio: this is the Type 2 Aluminium.
    This one has a beautiful appearance, the brushed alu stands out with the scabbards tone and the yellow grip.
    Typical dots on the pommel, nice handwork to the eagle, i admire this dagger since i first saw it in detail while Danny & I were sorting out the daggers for our Heeresdolche reference book.
    Ivan was so generous to grant me this beauty just like the type 2 that i showed above.
    This one has the later type scabbard, so no stylistic leaves on the scabbardbands.
    The logo is placed in 3rd position ( being the farest in distance from the guard) the blade as you can see is all you can wish on a dagger, full crossgrain, mint condition!
    Lovely yellow B grip completes this dagger.
    My Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres Offiziersdolche
    My Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres Offiziersdolche

?

Here we have a couple of early hangers which are not that easy to find, 3 of them are rare have the floral design on the scabbardring clips.
    2 are the heavy silvered brass types, as we normally see when you have the luck to find one, but the one that is realy rare is the one with the aluminium floral clips.
    That hanger weights less to nothing!
    From left to right:
    brass type standard hanger, Deluxe + hanger floral brass silvered clips on top of the straps, DeLuxe hanger floral clips leather top, DeLuxe + all aluminium floral clips, alu tops, last one Deluxe hanger.
    My Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres Offiziersdolche

?

This one is a Heller with slant grip and fitted with the Pack type 1 crossguard.
    Heller used Pack hardware, plated blades and they blackened their logo's, they did that on their SA daggers too on their first type Ancor Logo's.
    Heller only produced early daggers so this is the common way you will find them, the logo later changed to letters, just like they did on their SA daggers.
    They stamped the lettered logo's rather them etching them, made it cheaper and quicker to produce.
    Its pretty hard to show the true blackness thats still in the logo with reflecting light but its there a superb black logo, also known as the balloonman.
    Handwork on pommel guard en scabbardbands is nicely executed!
    My Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheAttachment 1132589My Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres OffiziersdolcheMy Collection of Heeres Offiziersdolche

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast