Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My early WKC Type 2 Gem

Article about: I was so very Lucky to find on a German fair one of the hardest to find army daggers ever. Been searching for this one for at least 7 years, and now the hunt paid of, a true sleeper in mint

?

Default My early WKC Type 2 Gem

I was so very Lucky to find on a German fair one of the hardest to find army daggers ever.
    Been searching for this one for at least 7 years, and now the hunt paid of, a true sleeper in mint condition.
    Blade has its original full factory crossgrain!
    Just look at this totally hand enhanced dagger, the beak, the head iyself, the pommel and scabbardbands, all firstclass handwork, only to be found on these very early ones!
    Typical WKC treat is the oval scabbardthroat!
    I also came across a rare hanger with floral enhanced clips in aluminium!!
    These hangers are extremely hard to find in brass, but an all light weight aluminium version never came my way until now!
    I have increased my early army dagger collection with a couple of true gems, it now contains following makers: E.Pack slant type 1 & 2 and 2A aluminium, G. Spitzer slant Pack1, A.Wingen Slant, WKC type 1A slant and Type 2, Alcoso type 1
    I will highlite a couple of these slants in the future, for now enjoy the pics!
    Regards
    Ger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My early WKC Type 2 Gem   My early WKC Type 2 Gem  

My early WKC Type 2 Gem   My early WKC Type 2 Gem  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My early WKC Type 2 Gem
    P
    Many

?

Collection overview
    My early WKC Type 2 GemMy early WKC Type 2 GemMy early WKC Type 2 GemMy early WKC Type 2 GemMy early WKC Type 2 GemMy early WKC Type 2 GemMy early WKC Type 2 GemMy early WKC Type 2 GemMy early WKC Type 2 GemMy early WKC Type 2 GemMy early WKC Type 2 Gem

Ger
    Very nice dagger and as you said not easy to find ! A black beauty it is. Look forward to seeing your other acquisitions in detail.

Great dagger pick up. Very nice collection.
    John

?

Terrific find Ger, WKC type 2 with hand enhanced details

You have a lovely selection of early army slants there with nice enhancements

Really like the early hangers with floral design on the clips

Congrats !!!!

Best Mac 66
    Last edited by Mac 66; 09-10-2017 at 03:24 PM. Reason: spelling :(

?

Those early armies look beautiful together! All of them in top condition! It takes years to find so many early pieces in the condition yours are in. Thanks for showing!

Danny

Very nice stuff Ger,you have a great eyes.

The detail is amazing all the way down to the oak leaf hanger hooks...never seen hooks adorned like that.

The Grip eagle itself is a rarity with the beak having a Mobster big nose look.

Collecting takes much time and years..sometimes good things happen in an instant and other times..a long wait...but for the long wait..well worth it .

Hmmmm .....I see a 2nd edition Heer book on the horizon

Awesome Ger and Congrats
    Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Gents thank you all for the nice words, appreciated!
    Making a find like this gem realy made my day!

#Larry you better ask Danny to post a couple of his latest purchases, he has a few gems with early crossguard types that arent known to the collector world yet

Regards
    Ger

Those hangers are lovely Ger.

As for the rest of it? Parts dagger in my opinion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast