Become our sponsor and display your banner here

My F.W. Holler Heer dagger

Article about: Always wanted a Heer dagger and stumbled across this one last year. It's in real good shape, IMO, and I truly like it! The cross guard is a little loose, I assume from the shrinkage of the l

?

Default My F.W. Holler Heer dagger

Always wanted a Heer dagger and stumbled across this one last year. It's in real good shape, IMO, and I truly like it! The cross guard is a little loose, I assume from the shrinkage of the leather buffer? Other than that the tip has a little bend to it that is barely noticeable.

Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	035 - Copy (2).jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	163.3 KB 
ID:	658145   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	036 - Copy (2).jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	181.9 KB 
ID:	658146  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	037 - Copy (2).jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	144.2 KB 
ID:	658147   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	038 - Copy (2).JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	218.2 KB 
ID:	658148  

Name:	042 - Copy (2).jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	658149   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	043 - Copy (2).jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	220.8 KB 
ID:	658150  

Name:	044 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	658151   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	045 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	658152  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Very nice dagger. I think the darker handles are much more attractive than the ivory ones. Although, they are all good!

?

Nice dagger with the typical Höller crossguard and single screw scabbard.

Danny

Great find Jim .. I like the logo variant which is not seen too often. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks for the comments would this be considered early, mid or late war? My guess would be mid-war.

Jim

Pre or early time of WW2.

Regards
    Vedran

the 3 types....the logo on the right side is the most commonly seen
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi all, very nice Holler dagger with orange grip, which we don´t see in large numbers if we compare it to examples with white grip. Larry very nice photos of Holler marks, but I think the most common is the middle one

Regards Peter

Your right Peter..I agree..when I first posted the 3 logos..the most commonly seen was logo was to the right of the first photo..but now mysteriously dagger gremlins came in and move my images around. I feel the most commonly used logo was at Hollers height of production. Regards Larry

edit:...screen size when enlarged or made smaller shifts images to different positions
    Last edited by Larry C; 03-13-2014 at 12:08 PM.

?

Very nice Holler Heer dagger with the 3rd pattern Crossguard.
    I think its a good looking eagle

Regards,
    Ger