Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

My F.W. Holler Heer dagger

Article about: Always wanted a Heer dagger and stumbled across this one last year. It's in real good shape, IMO, and I truly like it! The cross guard is a little loose, I assume from the shrinkage of the l

?

Default My F.W. Holler Heer dagger

Always wanted a Heer dagger and stumbled across this one last year. It's in real good shape, IMO, and I truly like it! The cross guard is a little loose, I assume from the shrinkage of the leather buffer? Other than that the tip has a little bend to it that is barely noticeable.

Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My F.W. Holler Heer dagger   My F.W. Holler Heer dagger  

My F.W. Holler Heer dagger   My F.W. Holler Heer dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My F.W. Holler Heer dagger
    P
    Many

Very nice dagger. I think the darker handles are much more attractive than the ivory ones. Although, they are all good!

?

Nice dagger with the typical Höller crossguard and single screw scabbard.

Danny

Great find Jim .. I like the logo variant which is not seen too often. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks for the comments would this be considered early, mid or late war? My guess would be mid-war.

Jim

Pre or early time of WW2.

Regards
    Vedran

the 3 types....the logo on the right side is the most commonly seen
    Attached Images Attached Images My F.W. Holler Heer dagger  My F.W. Holler Heer dagger  My F.W. Holler Heer dagger 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi all, very nice Holler dagger with orange grip, which we don´t see in large numbers if we compare it to examples with white grip. Larry very nice photos of Holler marks, but I think the most common is the middle one

Regards Peter

Your right Peter..I agree..when I first posted the 3 logos..the most commonly seen was logo was to the right of the first photo..but now mysteriously dagger gremlins came in and move my images around. I feel the most commonly used logo was at Hollers height of production. Regards Larry

edit:...screen size when enlarged or made smaller shifts images to different positions
    Last edited by Larry C; 03-13-2014 at 11:08 AM.

?

Very nice Holler Heer dagger with the 3rd pattern Crossguard.
    I think its a good looking eagle

Regards,
    Ger