Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Need Opinions on Early Unmarked Heer Dagger...

Article about: Hi all, I just picked up this salty unmarked Heer dagger that I'd like to get some feedback on. Can some of you dagger experts help me ID this one, and tell me a little about it? Based on th

?

Default Need Opinions on Early Unmarked Heer Dagger...

Hi all,

I just picked up this salty unmarked Heer dagger that I'd like to get some feedback on. Can some of you dagger experts help me ID this one, and tell me a little about it? Based on the tarnished color, and peeling finish, I'm assuming this is a silver plated version?

Also, what do you think about how much the top of the orange grip overlaps the pommel?

Need Opinions on Early Unmarked Heer Dagger...Need Opinions on Early Unmarked Heer Dagger...Need Opinions on Early Unmarked Heer Dagger...Need Opinions on Early Unmarked Heer Dagger...Need Opinions on Early Unmarked Heer Dagger...Need Opinions on Early Unmarked Heer Dagger...Need Opinions on Early Unmarked Heer Dagger...Need Opinions on Early Unmarked Heer Dagger...Need Opinions on Early Unmarked Heer Dagger...Need Opinions on Early Unmarked Heer Dagger...Need Opinions on Early Unmarked Heer Dagger...

Thanks!
    Dzyner

I Buy World War 2 Relics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Opinions on Early Unmarked Heer Dagger...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need Opinions on Early Unmarked Heer Dagger...

You're right-I sure don't like the looks of that much overlap at the pommel. You see a Lot of these with Some differences in circumference, but this one seems to be Considerably more than usual. Absolutely Not trying to be insulting here,but replaced grip or pommel cap,perhaps? Parts dagger?? William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Looks fine to me mabye an early Alcoso but i would not try and take the dagger apart.

Quote by LMG 1 View Post
    Looks fine to me mabye an early Alcoso but i would not try and take the dagger apart.
    I am with you LMG, i wouldnt worry to much about the pommel nut as sometimes they were supplied from other makers, if you could post a pic with the dagger the right way up so we can see the grossguard and pommel full on, maybe we can give you a better idea (without bending my neck in this position ) cheers Ronnie

?

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    I am with you LMG, i wouldnt worry to much about the pommel nut as sometimes they were supplied from other makers, if you could post a pic with the dagger the right way up so we can see the grossguard and pommel full on, maybe we can give you a better idea (without bending my neck in this position ) cheers Ronnie
    Good idea