MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need opinions on the grip of this Heer Dagger...

Article about: Hi Ade, thanks for the info. I had a look at Lakeside's site and didn't see any by the same makes, nor did I see any that are personalized. I checked around at a few sites and it seems the p

?

Default Need opinions on the grip of this Heer Dagger...

Hi all! I'm looking at this Carl Wusthof Heer Dagger and have never seen a grip like this one before. It looks too straight, and the swirls are too angled and not deep enough. Is this maybe a rare varient or is it a replacement?

Thanks!
    Dzyner
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need opinions on the grip of this Heer Dagger...   Need opinions on the grip of this Heer Dagger...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need opinions on the grip of this Heer Dagger...
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need opinions on the grip of this Heer Dagger...

grip looks fine albeit a slightly narrowing one to the top

?

Thanks militarymania. So you've seen this variation of grip before? How about the engraved initials; is this something you've come across before? I've never seen one engraved so I don't know whether or not to assume it was done by the wartime owner, or the post-war owner.

?

My Heer dagger has engraved initials on the rear of the crossguard, not as pronounced as yours and possibly hand done by the owner.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need opinions on the grip of this Heer Dagger...  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

yes,,,i have seen initials,names,family crests,monograms,etc engraved on army dagger cross guards,,,,

An absolutely wonderful dagger!!
    That's a slant grip very typical of early Armies.
    Love it!

Very nice dagger you found there Dzyner i wouldnt mind it in my collection , like Lakeside said early version nice find,
    cheers Ronnie

?

Thanks guys! I appreciate the kind words. This is my second Heer Dagger so I'm very excited! I'll post some better photos in a couple days.

What would you guys estimate the retail value of this thing to be? I don't resell, but I like to know for my own personal satisfaction

?

Nice dagger, and a great grip color 2

It is a nice dagger, I like it. It has a lot going for it with regards to the grip, the personalisation, the patina, etc. What does hurt it is the condition of the blade with those three marks on the front side.

I would have a look at forum member Paul's "Lakesidetrader" site. He commented in post 6. Compare to items he has for sale.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast