Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

New to forum help need on Heer dagger purchase

Article about: Hi all. My name is Peter Boardman from New Zealand. Ive been collecting for about 5 years with what ive been able to purchase on the NZ market. Im looking at a dagger on a site called german

Talking New to forum help need on Heer dagger purchase

Hi all.
    My name is Peter Boardman from New Zealand.
    Ive been collecting for about 5 years with what ive been able to purchase on the NZ market.
    Im looking at a dagger on a site called germanwarbooty.com.
    It is a heer dagger with no maker mark and has a bit of info on owner and a pic of him (Hugo Lemarie).
    If anyone could give their thoughts on it It would be a great help for me.
    I will try and post a few picks soon of a couple of my own daggers.
    Thanks guys Peter.
    P.s great forum

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New to forum help need on Heer dagger purchase
    P
    Many

Default re: New to forum help need on Heer dagger purchase

G'day Pete and welcome, can you post a pic of the dagger in question as there are some really knowledgeable people here that will be able to help if they can see it. Cheers mate, Dave.

Hello Pete, Welcome to the Forum! The LeMaire Army dagger looks like a decent and genuine piece to me. It's abit Pricey, but it Does have the portapee and the hangers for it, along with the excellent background info and photo of the original owner. As you can see, they Do have other Army daggers-some for as little as abit over $400 bucks, but when you add the accessories that does help abit. I guess the question being-do you like it enough to pay the extra bit for the info with it? Just taking a quick look through the site at their other stuff, I'm not seeing anything glaringly bad, so I guess that's about all I can tell you, aside from the fact that John has always had a very decent reputation!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi.
    Appreciate the quick reply.
    Yes it is abit pricey but just having abit of history on a dagger is worth the xtra $$
    We are very limited over here with what we can get etc.
    Have great day pete.

H Pete, welcome to the forum!

I think the Heeres Offiziersdolch is fine too. But for me, and this is from someone who loves named items, I do find the price a bit high too.

Named Army Officer's Dagger Grouping Belonging to Sonderfher Hugo LeMaire of the Feldcommandandater 544

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: New to forum help need on Heer dagger purchase

I agree with Wagriff also as I had never any problems with John myself,, he is a reputable dealer. But with anything you buy from anyone,,pricing must be looked at first. Comparison shopping!! ....But when you get one of a kind items like this that are not just an standard Heers Offiziersdolch,,your heart and mind will be at a battle. ((Think it through first)) and after that,,what ever decision you make,,it will be the right one for you! Regards Larry

?

A super looking set and with provenance , what is the asking price ?
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Hi Al, it is $995.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I was thinking of purchasing it myself. It seems to be a fair price for a dagger with history. John is one of the best dealers in the hobby. If your looking for a dagger with history, I would go for it.

Thanks for everyones help.
    I brought the dagger.
    Just knowing a little about the dagger and having a picture of the owner wearing it is well worth the extra $$
    Ive been looking for a piece like this for awhile now.....trying to find a blade with the guy wearing it with a little history is well worth it.
    I Will get it framed up and will take center place in my man cave/office
    Thanks pete