Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

New WKC, early variation..

Article about: OK, here is a piece that just came out of New York State to my collection. This type 2 WKC is the first I have seen that has ALL brass based fittings and scabbard. Another interesting point

Default New WKC, early variation..

OK, here is a piece that just came out of New York State to my collection. This type 2 WKC is the first I have seen that has ALL brass based fittings and scabbard. Another interesting point is that the pommel is the initial type that is generally seen only with the type 1 WKC fittings, I have to place this daggers era between the 1.5 type introduced by WW2 Collector(Tom Kendall's) posts on various forums and the typical light metal based type 2, but both the 1.5's shown there have the 2nd type pommel seen on all the type 2's I have seen? Guess it goes to show that these makers had boxes of fittings sitting around and if they came across them they were used! As a note, I have seen a 1.5 WKC once before that had this initial pommel too, so the variations are out there! This brass based scabbard also shows the first appearance of WKC's typical single side screw! Think this is the NEXT STEP WKC took after the 1.5..the question is, is this just a 1.5 guard without the hand work, or another mold all together?? Well, enjoy the pics and comment with opinions! Kevin.
    New WKC, early variation..New WKC, early variation..New WKC, early variation..New WKC, early variation..New WKC, early variation..New WKC, early variation..New WKC, early variation..New WKC, early variation..New WKC, early variation..
    Last edited by heers68; 01-13-2014 at 01:26 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New WKC, early variation..
    P
    Many

I think that it these dager was a final test series, before the final introduction of 2. Type WKC Herr Dagger, who looks like these:

New WKC, early variation..

(Unfortunately mine dagger is cleaned.)

Regards
    Vedran

Vedran, I agree with you, I think mine was a first run without the hand worked guard and dropping one throat screw on the scabbard..

Your type 2 looks very nice! I see it has the typical type 2 pommel I spoke of. Is your scabbard steel? Your dagger fittings are light metal based? THANKS for comments..Kevin.

?

Very nice dagger.

Kevin, scabbard in my dagger is stell one, only scabbard band are concted on the scabbard with brass.
    Also on your dagger is an earlier version of grip.

Regards
    Vedran

?

Very interesting dagger you got there Kevin.

your bringing up some good points, this indeed is most likely one of the first batch and old brass stock has been used on it.

Great asset to your collection

Ger

Hi Kevin, I agree with you and other collectors here, you have interesting dagger. I do not have this type of dagger in my collection, but I saw several daggers of this type, but never saw brass based dagger! Really nice addition to any collection and good lesson for us, daggers collectors from you Thanks a lot for for great photos of this rare dagger.

Regards Peter

Beautiful WKC Kevin..a desirable and strong maker

The brass based daggers also have been seen on some 2nd Luftwaffe examples. SMF being one of them..as I had this maker at one time vet acquired..showing a few minute spots along side of the scabbard.

This is something to be careful about when preserving the scabbard itself..not to over clean..the scabbard which would reveal the brass beneath giving it a Gold toned effect. Some would believe a Generals dagger..which in this case is not!

I feel the shells were all shared and the same..except for the scabbard bands. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Kevin, what a beautiful dagger! Very rare to see this type of crossguard. The brass based fittings and scabbard are great. I love the handwork on the pommel. Thanks for showing this beauty

Danny