MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Paul Weyersburg Heers dagger

Article about: Thought I would post pictures of my vet acquired Paul Weyersburg dagger. The vet brought it home placed it in a sock put it in a drawer and never took it out until last year when I bought it

Default Paul Weyersburg Heers dagger

Thought I would post pictures of my vet acquired Paul Weyersburg dagger. The vet brought it home placed it in a sock put it in a drawer and never took it out until last year when I bought it. I hope you enjoy. Marty. And yes I do have the dagger in backwards, sorry did not mean too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Paul Weyersburg Heers dagger   Paul Weyersburg Heers dagger  

Paul Weyersburg Heers dagger   Paul Weyersburg Heers dagger  

Last edited by Tank Destroyer; 02-21-2014 at 04:55 PM.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Paul Weyersburg Heers dagger
    P
    Many

?

Weyersberg armies are certainly one of my favourites. Unfortunately this dagger doesn't have the typical Weyersberg scabbard with the two flat headed side screws. Instead it has a generic scabbard which certainly isn't textbook. Hard to tell how the scabbard and the dagger ended up together. Maybe the vet once had more daggers and switched out the scabbard with another piece. We will probably never know. The plated blade looks fantastic by the way.

Danny

Nice Weyersberg, love this bird! Have you looked to see if this one is numbered? Very well may not be, as the later Weyersbergs with the non-slant grip often aren't. As Danny says it is unusual to see these with a generic scabbard..but could be a period replacement for the dented original? Thanks for showing! Kevin.

Thanks for the comments. No the dagger is not numbered. I have wonder about the scabbard due the screws but on the front there looks to be the distinctive Weyersburg vertical line to the right of the screw. Maybe I'm seeing things.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

A good-looking example. Very nice!