Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Plumacher Aluminum for review...

Article about: Hello folks, been a while since my last post and I would like you fine fellows to comment on my latest find. Please show pics if you have this maker/configuration for comparison. THANKS! Kev

Default Plumacher Aluminum for review...

Hello folks, been a while since my last post and I would like you fine fellows to comment on my latest find. Please show pics if you have this maker/configuration for comparison. THANKS! Kevin.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Plumacher Aluminum for review...
    P
    Many

Plumacher Aluminum for review...Plumacher Aluminum for review...Plumacher Aluminum for review...Plumacher Aluminum for review...Plumacher Aluminum for review...Plumacher Aluminum for review...Plumacher Aluminum for review...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Plumacher Aluminum for review...   Plumacher Aluminum for review...  

?

Hi kevin

nice to see you posting a true beauty here!
    People who are not true army dagger collectors will not know how rare pieces like this are!

Ich have seen Plumacher using Pack parts so this one is not a surprise to me, i also have seen early aluminium based daggers like my alu Herder slant using the same scabbardbands but with sidescrews instead of this flush back one, interesting variaty!

This Plumacher has a Klaas feel, the eagle block pattern on the brest, that punched eye, the feather enhancement, the rim on the pommel, the scabbard bands etc, so i wouldnt be surprised if Plumacher bought all parts from Klaas.

Congratz on this beauty Kevin! its a rare gem.

Regards
    Ger

Here is an early Klaas which shows a lots of features your has too!
    Last edited by gerrit; 09-26-2019 at 08:49 AM.

Always a crowd pleaser Kevin and returning with a great opener.
    Thankyou for posting.

Great to see you posting again

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Great rare dagger Kevin. For me its an in house Plumacher enhanced piece. I base this on comparison to one I own they have almost identical enhancements - note the detail in between the wing enhancements (only have seen this on Plumacher examples) the punched eye, beak and feet enhancements all very reminiscent of each other . Also the scabbard and screw look to be the same. Nice when you can validate a configuration by comparison of another piece by the same maker. Years ago collectors thought Plumacher only made slants we see now that is not the case. Lovely dagger and true aluminum hilt to boot. Pics of my salty example posted by your request. Yes the mark is to the front the pommel is fixed on this example and was manufactured that way.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Plumacher Aluminum for review...   Plumacher Aluminum for review...  

Plumacher Aluminum for review...   Plumacher Aluminum for review...  

Thanks guys.. and thanks Tom for the comparison pics! Any other Aluminum Plumacher’s out there??

Nice Heer with rare manufacturer