Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Puma Slant, with correct Pommel!

Article about: Hi All, Would like to start this post with a massive thank you to Ger for finding this Pommel for me I am so very grateful to him for keeping me in mind when he found it and then contacting

Default Puma Slant, with correct Pommel!

Hi All,
    Would like to start this post with a massive thank you to Ger for finding this Pommel for me I am so very grateful to him for keeping me in mind when he found it and then contacting me with the good news, this just goes to show what a great community this is and what a Gentleman you are Mr Hessels. My Puma slant grip heer has been posted here before and received good comments but it was unfortunately let down by the fact it had been fitted with a totally incorrect later type pommel by Eickhorn that spoiled what was an otherwise beautiful early Puma slant grip.
    But now thanks to Ger it has the correct early hand enhanced pommel that much to my joy is a perfect fit and has made this dagger a lovely example of its type and my pride and joy.
    I have taken photographs of the dagger without its portepee attached with the Eickhorn pommel fitted showing how it didn't fit properly (I didn't see this until I got it and looked under the knot) and some of the new pommel fitted, I was a little worried that it might not fit exactly but Ger had assured me it would and sure enough it arrived today and it fits like a glove exactly as Our very knowledgeable Mr Hessels had said it would, Brilliant!
    Cheers, Andy.

First two photos the Eickhorn pommel:
    Puma Slant, with correct Pommel!Puma Slant, with correct Pommel!

And now the new pommel:
    Puma Slant, with correct Pommel!Puma Slant, with correct Pommel!Puma Slant, with correct Pommel!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Puma Slant, with correct Pommel!
    P
    Many

?

Thank you for the nice words Andy.
    Im very glad that i could help you out.
    I was lucky enough to get my hands on this pommel which came of a Puma slant with a broken blade.
    Its fits like a glove, your Puma is a true beauty!

Ger

Stunning Dagger!

It's great to see you Guys helping each others!

?

Quote by Merrydoc View Post
    Stunning Dagger!

It's great to see you Guys helping each others!

+ 1, that is the way it should be

Great result Andy.