Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rare anton wingen army.

Article about: Hi everyone, after looking at tom kendals fantastic army collection and his anton wingen jr dagger with the rare early generic type 3 crossguard I thought you might like another look at one,

Default Rare anton wingen army.

Hi everyone, after looking at tom kendals fantastic army collection and his anton wingen jr dagger with the rare early generic type 3 crossguard I thought you might like another look at one, it has a brass pommel and crossguard a slant grip and the blade has the first wingen maker mark and a tapered tang, the scabbard I think is the bulbous type and is steel and the bands are magnetic so they must be steel also, I only have 2 army daggers and have only been collecting for about 7 to 8 months so was very lucky to pick this one up, hope u like it and again sorry for the poor pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare anton wingen army.   Rare anton wingen army.  

Rare anton wingen army.   Rare anton wingen army.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare anton wingen army.
    P
    Many

Heres another of the guard and blade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare anton wingen army.  

v/nice dagger.

Very nice. Now you just need to put a portepee and some hangers on it.

Thanks harryamb2 and avenger for your comments, much appreciated.

Very nice dagger! And rare! Nice to see another Wingen with this crossguard. Congratulations on adding this great army to your collection your off to a great start.

This guard is so rare honestly I think less then a handful exist in collections. This guard has been seen on early WMW-Tiger-Anton Wingen- Klaas and I believe on a Horster. At one time it was thought to be a Horster guard but well you know my thoughts on the guard

And it doesn't hurt that it looks like it had been taken such good care of! It's exciting to snag that first rare dagger. I still love my Wingen 1st (my first heer dagger), even though it pales in comparison to the condition this ones caretakers have kept it in. Now you have the bug no doubt.

Thanks Tom, as I said I haven't been collecting very long and although I knew this guard was rare I mainly bought this dagger so I had a slant grip in my collection as my aim was to get three army daggers, a slant grip, a type B grip and a type C grip, since reading what you said about this guard and looking at your collection my interest in army daggers has really grown and I intend to add a lot more to my collection, thanks again for looking at my dagger and your comments.

your right avenger I think I definitely have the bug.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast