Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant grip

Article about: This is for sure one hard to find Slant! It has the Pack hardware and is in great condition. Superb Grip, great patina overal, a lovely crossguard Eagle and a scabbard thats dent free. Pomme

?

Default Rare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant grip

This is for sure one hard to find Slant!
    It has the Pack hardware and is in great condition.
    Superb Grip, great patina overal, a lovely crossguard Eagle and a scabbard thats dent free.
    Pommel just looks great, nice handwork.
    The makers logo is still deep black, the blade has its needle sharp tip, but isnt mirror bright anymore.
    Typically often seen on the Christianswerk Slants that the blades are turning a bit dull.
    I just love the overal appearence of this rare early piece!
    It sure makes a nice pair with the Klaas Slant.
    Ive posted it with a lovely Battlefield Found Russian Belt buckle from WW1, i recieved it by mail from PeterCollector, many thanks Peter for this lovely gift!
    Well Gents enjoy this dagger!
    Peter enjoy the pics, it will be yours in a few months as promised
    Ger
    Rare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant grip
    Last edited by gerrit; 01-10-2014 at 07:30 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant grip
    P
    Many

What a great find Ger! Difficult to find, and almost impossible to find in great condition.
    You are absolutely right, blades on these always seem to be dull. Peter is a very lucky man to eventually add it to his collection.

Wolfgang

?

I second what Wolfgang has to say. An excellent dagger with such nice colouring.. & the belt buckle is worth a mention too that is very nice.. I wouldn't mind that on my WW1 shelf... Cheers Terry.

?

A very tough early maker to find. I had an exact match to this one years ago and sold it. I regret it to this day.

Top draw addition to any collection. I like it very much.

?

Ger, that's a beauty! Peter is very Lucky to be able to add this one to his collection Nice to see that the scabbard of this piece is exactly the same as the one on my Christianswerk army.

Danny

?

What a great dagger Ger ! I love the grip especially
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Hey Ger.... the hand enhancing...is phenomenal especially in the grip eagle feathering. Congrats on a rare find,,and congrats to Peter also.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Well what can I say, I love slants, Rare indeed, And going to a good home to someone who has a passion for Heer daggers Thanks for sharing.

Mario

?

Thank you all Gents for the nice words
    Its indeed a lovely dagger, and compared to the later Heer daggers these are the special ones that realy can be the highlite in a collection.
    I think the early Slants are the true highlites in Heer daggers because they are all a bit different: different enhancement of Eagle, pommel or scabbard bands, that makes them unique.
    Voos etched and Ivory grips, and Damascus blades are exceptional and not accessable for every collector, being so expensive....... but these early Slants will do great for being a highlite in any collection

Regards,
    Ger

Gerrit, Real rare beauty! Makes for a killer pair along side the Klaas! Here is a few pics of my example for comparison..your scabbard is a more typical Pack type than mine as mine is more like the Pack style seen often on Anton Wingen slants..Have seen other Christianswerks with my scabbard though.. I have to agree on these blades being seen with a more matte appearance too. Congrats! Kevin.Rare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant gripRare early Heeres Dolch by Christianswerk with Slant grip

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast