Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rare WKC Type 1A Slant in mint condition

Article about: Sometimes your Lucky enough to be at the right time at the right place, well.... i had that luck yesterday on the La Gleize militaria Show in Belgium. Normally an event where lots of ground

?

Default Rare WKC Type 1A Slant in mint condition

Sometimes your Lucky enough to be at the right time at the right place, well.... i had that luck yesterday on the La Gleize militaria Show in Belgium.
    Normally an event where lots of ground dig relics and vehickle stuff can be found and hardly a decent dress dagger blade that i'm looking for, mainly parts daggers or bad conditioned late war generic ones.
    Almost at the very end of the street (its an open air show) i spotted 3 army dagger on a table of a guy who had mainly awards & uniform stuff.
    The slant grip pulled me to the table like a magnet
    This WKC came straight from a German Household, an untouched mint set in every way, it comes with a heavy early brass hangers set and a lovely portepee.
    The blade is a real stunner!
    Full crossgrain from top to bottom, man do i love it when your pulling a blade out of its scabbard and the crossgrain smiles at you in the sunlight, it realy made my day.
    After that we drove to the Bastogne and Malmedy Museums, very impressive, we finished the day with a lovely dinner at the Malmedy museum bistro, some great food they serve!
    This one is the Type 1A, the eagles head has a round forehead, while normally you see the WKC Type 1 with a knick in his forehead.
    I will let the pics do the talking.
    Enjoy!
    Regards,
    Ger
    Rare WKC Type 1A Slant in mint conditionRare WKC Type 1A Slant in mint conditionRare WKC Type 1A Slant in mint conditionRare WKC Type 1A Slant in mint conditionRare WKC Type 1A Slant in mint conditionRare WKC Type 1A Slant in mint conditionRare WKC Type 1A Slant in mint conditionRare WKC Type 1A Slant in mint conditionRare WKC Type 1A Slant in mint conditionRare WKC Type 1A Slant in mint conditionRare WKC Type 1A Slant in mint conditionRare WKC Type 1A Slant in mint conditionRare WKC Type 1A Slant in mint conditionRare WKC Type 1A Slant in mint conditionRare WKC Type 1A Slant in mint conditionRare WKC Type 1A Slant in mint conditionRare WKC Type 1A Slant in mint conditionRare WKC Type 1A Slant in mint conditionRare WKC Type 1A Slant in mint conditionRare WKC Type 1A Slant in mint conditionRare WKC Type 1A Slant in mint condition
    Last edited by gerrit; 06-28-2017 at 07:57 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare WKC Type 1A Slant in mint condition
    P
    Many

?

Ger,

What a cracking find & a lovely early WKC dagger rig.

Congrats !

Regards Mac 66

The pics do the talking Ger what a great complete dagger

Your trip to the miliraria fair pays off

Congratz with this nice addition

Regards Raf

?

A marvellous piece Ger , straight from the household ...even better . Congratulations on your find mate , the blade is superb .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Those hangers, sheer luxury to own!!! Another great find Ger

I find it amazing that these exceptional finds ...seem to endure laying on the tables all day....and at the right moment the right person who its destined for shows up and takes it home.
    Since your Reference Ger...you have found a few more beauties not in your current reference which IMO would open the door to a 2nd edition of your Heer reference.

The secluded and obscure finds that are beyond rare blows my mind..how they just come out of hiding after all these years. Love it
    The blade is time capsule condition as are most of your collection. Very Nice and satisfying find.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you all for your kind words Gents
    Their appreciated!

#Larry
    To get there in time will cost you some sleep
    I got up at 05.00am and within an hour we drove to Belgium.
    The show started at 08.00am and a 15 min. later we were on it.....it does take some effort to get those gems....
    About the reference work Danny & I wrote: exactly the same, his twinbro is in our book, Danny owns it.
    We do have about 25 tot 30 pages more to fill if we liked to, but for now its this book and no Heeresdolche 2.0

Regards
    Ger

?

This is an amazing dagger. WKC Type 1A is quite a difficult one to find and this one is in great condition.

When Ger mentioned 25 to 30 pages he was being modest. I think we already have the material to ad 50 new pages. Not only daggers but also other interesting stuff.
    But adding 50 pages is a hell of a job. And time is my biggest problem at the moment

Danny

?

Wow! That is a stellar rig Ger and an amazing find in such great condition. Congrats on adding it to your collection. Cheers.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Ger you did it agian, it's a true beauty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast