Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Real or Fake? pt. 2 Heer dagger

Article about: Looking for history and pricing

Default Real or Fake? pt. 2 Heer dagger

Real or Fake? pt. 2 Heer daggerReal or Fake? pt. 2 Heer daggerReal or Fake? pt. 2 Heer daggerReal or Fake? pt. 2 Heer daggerReal or Fake? pt. 2 Heer daggerReal or Fake? pt. 2 Heer daggerReal or Fake? pt. 2 Heer dagger

Looking for history and pricing

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake? pt. 2 Heer dagger
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Real or Fake? pt. 2 Heer dagger

Heer dress dagger, looks like a nice piece, great grip on that one!

Default Re: Real or Fake? pt. 2 Heer dagger

I would guess that this is a parts dagger. The "B" type generic (or maybe Wingen/Herder) guard is not usually associated with a slant grip. As well the grip has been worked down to fit the pommel. I am not a fan of the scabbard either.
    Wolfgang

Scabbard looks a little shoddy?

Scabbard looks like a fake to me also, see the fan shape in it? Hmm also like Wolfie says grip been reworked also i have seen this maker on fake 2nd lufty daggers, for me sorry
    cheers Ronnie

I am not comfortable with the makers logo as this looks printed on and I dont remember seeing that maker logo before. The ferrule ring above the crossguard lacks any detail. Parts dagger for me also. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Good calls guys, I can see the signs of it being a put together piece now.

I agree with Larry,just went through my logos and did not find one like the one shown

I have done some research on this dagger since I knew that I had seen this makers mark before.
    It is a spanish copy. The mark supposedly stands for Herbertz & Meurer. The proper mark is completely different from the one shown on this dagger.
    The grip has been replaced on this example because the original (fake) grip was made of cast plastic, a dead give away. As mentioned, the swirl pattern scabbard, although sometimes seen on original daggers, is a red light on this example. From the photos it appeared that the guard is an original, but it is not, it came with the repro dagger. I know of no original blade with the wide center section and very narrow blade grind seen here.
    Wolfgang

Wolfgang