Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Recoered: Relic Heer dagger with knot and Hangers (MAKER?)

Article about: Just got this an hour ago.. Annoyed from this ads?   rough shape but overall it's here. It has the rope and the hangers as well. I can't read the maker. It has a symbol of two small peo

Default Recoered: Relic Heer dagger with knot and Hangers (MAKER?)

Just got this an hour ago..handle is loose some (maybe canbe tightened?) I think it even has mud on it some, which adds to it my opinion!

Recoered: Relic Heer dagger with knot and Hangers (MAKER?)Recoered: Relic Heer dagger with knot and Hangers (MAKER?)Recoered: Relic Heer dagger with knot and Hangers (MAKER?)rough shape but overall it's here. It has the rope and the hangers as well. I can't read the maker. It has a symbol of two small people holding hand maybe, then jhan something (long) then Solingen I think . Anyone know what maker mark this might be ?

I paid under $300...I hope I did well?...Thanks for the help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Recoered: Relic Heer dagger with knot and Hangers (MAKER?)
    P
    Many

We will need better quality photographs to assess what you have there.

Photos attached

It appears the coat on the knife sheath's painting is rubbing off , as pictured...Thanks for the help

Recoered: Relic Heer dagger with knot and Hangers (MAKER?)Recoered: Relic Heer dagger with knot and Hangers (MAKER?)Recoered: Relic Heer dagger with knot and Hangers (MAKER?)Recoered: Relic Heer dagger with knot and Hangers (MAKER?)Recoered: Relic Heer dagger with knot and Hangers (MAKER?)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recoered: Relic Heer dagger with knot and Hangers (MAKER?)  
    Last edited by historyrecovered; 11-04-2014 at 09:35 PM.

?

The maker would be J.A. Henckels,Solingen.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

It actually has a rare brushed aluminium cross-guard, very desirable in itself, the only trouble is the pommel should also be in aluminium. Henckels did use this brushed aluminium E-Pack cross-guard during production so that is not a problem but I would like to see better pictures of this piece including some close up shots of the pommel and blade tang before saying it is good.
    I am also not so sure that the scabbard plating is "rubbing off". It naturally turns black or darkens as air penetrates below the silver plate. The silver areas that remain are just areas of plating that are not yet exposed to air penetration.
    Interesting dagger and even with a replacement pommel $300 is a good price. The cross-guard alone would cost you $150+
    Last edited by Degens; 11-05-2014 at 03:45 PM.

I'm with Degens, like to see more detail pics if the pommel and scabbard, tang pics too! Looks like a type "B" generic pommel but hard to see details. Pic of the maker mark might help to narrow down the era of the dagger too. Great guard! Like the look of the scabbard so far.. Kevin.

Can you please tell me what exactly I should be taking photos of ? I admit , I hate to say it but I am not well educated with what the parts are on these . I will gladly take more but the word references here I am unfamiliar with. I bought this as I had a want ad up , and at $200 , couldn't resist getting it...

I am open to learning of course, so I am all ears for direct direction.

Bad news is on the scabbard, near the bottom where you see the discoloration , the metallic materials rubs off onto my hands (only in that area) ...I guess it's just worn. I think marking wise,maybe I can take apart this weapon to get a photo for you all. The blade istself has scratches and wear marks but hell...that's the way I like my relics!

Also I am tempted to untie the knot on the hanger since I know it doesn't go there but I almost don't want to because that's the way the U.S. vet brought it back....should I or should I "knot"? haha...thank you again to everyone's help.

Hi, just click away and post, you will be directed from there, please also take the pics on a white back ground.
    Regards SK

?

Description of the parts to explain just what the hell we are talking about, can be seen here, foot of the page >

wardaggers.com - Army Dagger Terminology and Parts

The blade tang is under the grip, it would mean carefully trying to unscrew the pommel ( do not force it ), sliding off the grip and taking a quick photo of the upper part of the blade that is normally hidden from view.

Thanks for the help , will do that tonight !...Will take as many as a I can.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast