Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SMF Heeresdolch with slant grip and the legacy of Dr.Bodiker

Article about: Its been a while since i posted one of my daggers so this one will deal with that This legacy belonged to Doctor Bödiker a so called Oberstabartz. He served in both wars as can be seen by a

?

Default SMF Heeresdolch with slant grip and the legacy of Dr.Bodiker

Its been a while since i posted one of my daggers so this one will deal with that
    This legacy belonged to Doctor Bödiker a so called Oberstabsarzt.
    He served in both wars as can be seen by a WW1 picture.
    It contains large glassnegatives, hunting certificate, BDM stuff of his daughter, a picture of his son etc...

The dagger is a leightweight alu alloy one with a leight scabbard containing alu throat and scabbardbands
    Nice to see the discoulorisation of the grip near the portepee.
    See for yourself, enjoy the pics

Ger
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SMF Heeresdolch with slant grip and the legacy of Dr.Bodiker   SMF Heeresdolch with slant grip and the legacy of Dr.Bodiker  

SMF Heeresdolch with slant grip and the legacy of Dr.Bodiker   SMF Heeresdolch with slant grip and the legacy of Dr.Bodiker  

SMF Heeresdolch with slant grip and the legacy of Dr.Bodiker   SMF Heeresdolch with slant grip and the legacy of Dr.Bodiker  

SMF Heeresdolch with slant grip and the legacy of Dr.Bodiker  
    Last edited by gerrit; 11-18-2018 at 07:13 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SMF Heeresdolch with slant grip and the legacy of Dr.Bodiker
    P
    Many

?

Exceptional dagger Ger and made even better with the history and photos of its original owner … I love it !
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Its one thing that when someone acquires a personalized dagger and having the owners name and soldbuch attached to it is a prize in itself.
    I have no words in this case of the example shown above ..not only the dagger being in great condition ...but the rest of the family that also served in the Third Reich.

Awesome can be a great beginning description !

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Awesome indeed! Just blown away by the whole collection what a fantastic acquisition, I hoped they all survived the War? Regards, Andy.
    Quote by Larry C View Post
    Its one thing that when someone acquires a personalized dagger and having the owners name and soldbuch attached to it is a prize in itself.
    I have no words in this case of the example shown above ..not only the dagger being in great condition ...but the rest of the family that also served in the Third Reich.

Awesome can be a great beginning description !

Regards Larry

?

Ger,

Super SMF army dagger grouping

What a real cracker of a find & a face behind the dagger ,

What more can you ask for

Congrats mate.

Regards Mac 66

What a beautiful piece of history Ger. Thanks for sharing this

Great dagger with provenance!Thanks for showing it!I have one of those, a vet bringback.

?

Quote by Grofaz45 View Post
    Awesome indeed! Just blown away by the whole collection what a fantastic acquisition, I hoped they all survived the War? Regards, Andy.
    Yes they all survived, his daughter became a Doctor just like him and died 3 years ago, this came straight from her legacy in hands of the man who cleaned her house, all this was kept in her dads Officers coffer.
    Uniforms, awards and Photoalbums were already sold, this is what was kept behind.
    I got the leftovers so to say

Ger

Even table scraps have value. I consider this a feast of provenance
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Killer group a rare find indeed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast