Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SOS original dagger heer?

Article about: Dear: I want to know if the dagger is original? Thanks and regards.

?

Wow I'm impressed! For your first dagger you did very well. Not only did you manage to find an early slant gripped piece. It's also one by a very rare maker. My first dagger was a second model luftwaffe with an etched blade that turned out to be a fake LOL. Congretulations on this find

Danny

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SOS original dagger heer?
    P
    Many

Hi, thanks again for your opinions. I have to keep in mind to ensure or preserve the dagger in good condition. How to save? How to keep? What should I care? Thanks and regards.

Like to keep mine in a climate controlled dry place. I don't like to use oil on the blade as long as your storage area is dry. If you have dampness issues in your house then a light oil or a product called "renwax" is popular. Don't polish the fittings or attempt to remove tarnish from silvered surfaces, the factory applied a "old silver" finish when new, so they are supposed to have burnishing on the fittings. Many daggers have tarnished much darker than when new but this finish is sought after by collectors so please allow the fittings to patina naturally. Very nice heer dagger by the way, a rare maker that I am searching for..congrats, Kevin

WOW very nice find Carl Wusthof very rare in deed. One nice dagger to have in a collection, congrats

Thanks Kevin and North of 55 for their help and opinion on the dagger. I appreciate your words. Greetings. Reynaldo

?

Hi Reynaldo,

pm sent!

Regards,
    Ger

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3