Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Stone mint Horster HOD

Article about: This one just dropped on my doorstep together with a Ironhead SMF Slant Its in mint condition and it has the typical lacquer/frosting on it that give the dagger a somewhat Golden appearance

?

Default Stone mint Horster HOD

This one just dropped on my doorstep together with a Ironhead SMF Slant
    Its in mint condition and it has the typical lacquer/frosting on it that gives the dagger a somewhat Golden appearance
    Enjoy this textbook beauty!
    Ger
    Stone mint Horster HODStone mint Horster HODStone mint Horster HODStone mint Horster HODStone mint Horster HODStone mint Horster HODStone mint Horster HODStone mint Horster HODStone mint Horster HODStone mint Horster HODStone mint Horster HODStone mint Horster HODStone mint Horster HODStone mint Horster HODStone mint Horster HODStone mint Horster HODStone mint Horster HODStone mint Horster HODStone mint Horster HODStone mint Horster HOD
    Last edited by gerrit; 08-22-2014 at 08:59 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stone mint Horster HOD
    P
    Many

?

I wish a beauty like that would just "drop on my doorstep"

This looks familiar. Did I see this for sale on the WAF? I saw one with this same white looking material on it, but wasn't sure what all that white stuff was...

?

This one came from a German auction site.
    The seller also sells on the Waf but not this one.
    The last Horster with alu hardware also mint came from the same seller.
    They look like twins
    Regards
    Ger

Interesting. So, when I see this white look on parts of these daggers, what is that on them? I saw one very much like this and it sold very cheap. I was afraid to get it though because the white areas didn't look right. Otherwise, it was a nice dagger.

Quote by avenger View Post
    Interesting. So, when I see this white look on parts of these daggers, what is that on them?
    Congrats on another beauty Ger!
    In this case it is the frosting or silvering that appears white. Raw aluminum wouldn't look very dressy. Even if it were polished aluminum, it wouldn't stay shiny very long.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph. Now I know what I'm seeing on those and won't think someone painted them white at some time. It's a stark contrast that throws you off.

?

This frosting/ lacquer ist what i love on these Horsters!!
    The more there is left the better, that means its saved most of its Original appearance!
    This one is a pleasure to hold and look at! the blade and fittings are mint!

Regards,
    Ger

?

What can I say, all that this one needs is a Hörster tag! A truly mint dagger! Congratulations my friend

Danny

Im beginning to doubt the door step story
    Attached Images Attached Images Stone mint Horster HOD 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast