Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Swirly scabbard patterns

Article about: I have a question for the experts here. In all my reading over the last few years one of the pieces of 'common knowledge' seemed to be that scabbards with a swirly pattern (not random) in th

?

Default Swirly scabbard patterns

I have a question for the experts here.
    In all my reading over the last few years one of the pieces of 'common knowledge' seemed to be that scabbards with a swirly pattern (not random) in the little dots were post war. Pretty much all of this information was from older sources.

However as of late I've noticed daggers considered good with these swirly scabbards. I've even seen them on dealer sites (I don't want to name names, but it was a dealer with a very, very good reputation).

What do people thing of these? Has the common knowledge changed over the years? Are they ok? some good, some bad?

I'm really interested in what you guys think.

Thanks for any insight!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swirly scabbard patterns
    P
    Many

It would depend on the intensity of the swirl...yet some swirl was acceptable by the producer ...yet the fake ones are very circular in shape.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Interesting, so it's a subjective thing. Not black and white like I used to think.

Thanks!

?

its away combined with scabbardbands and rings.
    There is also the colour of the metal so it more a package then just a swirl.

Ger