Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

Article about: These slants Ivory grips are the holy grail for the Slant collectors, i have never seen one before, although i know i european collector who ownes one. Im very happy you shared this one with

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Tom do you own this one ? o_O
    Kevin - Thanks - Six Romer were listed in the rank list fortunately only one was a DR. so this is certainly him considering pursuing a research file on the Dr.

Larry - I do
    Last edited by T Kendall; 12-27-2014 at 06:24 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques
    P
    Many

A recent pickup my first since the Max. A Holler fitted with the Type 3 Holler crossguard. While a common variety I was looking for a special example to fill the slot in my crossguard collection. The dagger has an earlier style scabbard band variation seen with the single reverse screw. The ends of the bands have a Holler enhancement detail of punched acorns. The blade fortunately is real nice exhibiting cross grain running length wise down the center segment and opposite direction on the edges a trait you see on many Holler army blades. For you maker mark guys (John Z) it has the 19 tick very finely detailed Holler mark. What made it special was the Personalization Hptm. Kientz a one looker for me but unfortunately I have not been able to locate Kientz in my rank lists.

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

?

Another beauty added to your fine collection Tom. Congratulations and thanks for sharing

Danny

?

a very fine one youve added Tom!
    Great personalization on the guard and an overall lovely dagger.
    Thx for sharing, and Tom.... lovely pics!!

Regards,
    Ger

Hi Tom, how nice is this one, Mint, crisp and named, what else could you ask for.
    Congratulations on your find.
    Last edited by Silberkreuz; 02-06-2015 at 07:54 PM.

Hello Tom, Great looking Holler, Love the engraving nice added touch, good luck in locating the owner

Great example! Dark, personalized and a rare MM for Holler! Congrats! Kevin.

Thanks Guys - Stay tuned I have a special piece I will be posting today.

Default Eickhorn Heer Aluminum - Elfenbein

All aluminum Eickhorn resurrected from a 25 year nap in a trunk complete with original hangers. These daggers are quite scarce and tend to be in poor shape due to the all aluminum construction and one piece integral scabbard throat. This dagger is an exception although it suffers from a few imperfections prone to these examples. The dagger has a few minor dings here and there also the scabbard runners are loose inside the scabbard. The plating is thin on these aluminum examples this one has some bubbling on the scabbard but all the plating remains except a tiny spot on the tip of the scabbard. Remnants of a gold-ish colored lacquer remain scattered through out the dagger. Fortunately this one has survived in great condition and one of the best I have seen it’s untouched and has a pleasing coal black patina to the early Eickhorn Type-1 style silver plated aluminum fittings and scabbard. The tapered tang blade is a beauty with most if not all crossgrain remaining with a nice black 35-41 Eickhorn maker mark the tip has an insignificant bend. The Ivory grip is very beautiful and damage free it exhibits some beautiful tones of yellow and orange a beautiful contrast against the coal black fittings. Overall a beautiful example of this rare variation I wish I knew who the owner was as I suspect he was an individual of status and wealth these ivory grips were very expensive during the period. Thanks to a dear friend who put me on to the piece - it was fun filled ride acquiring it and adding it to my collection.

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

Fantastic dagger Tom,top shelf piece for sure,congrats my friend

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast