Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

Article about: These slants Ivory grips are the holy grail for the Slant collectors, i have never seen one before, although i know i european collector who ownes one. Im very happy you shared this one with

That is a frosty devil Tom! One I still need!! Super blade too.. Congrats!! Kevin.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques
    P
    Many

Here is one of the 5 blades I picked up at the SOS-2016. I bought this from a gentleman walking around the show carrying it in his hand. I was quite surprised when I glanced down to see he was carrying a slant grip. I approached him and asked if he was selling it and well you know the rest of the story. The dagger is fitted with an early generic Type-2 crossguard just like every AXT I have looked at. The blade is gray and while I generally won’t buy blades in this condition lets just say the gent practically gave it to me so I couldn’t pass it up. Later when I managed to get back to the room one of my roomies an astute heer collector noticed an interesting enhancement on the back of the crossguard ! He just happened to have an AXT from his collection he had brought and his had the same enhancement. I have looked at the few examples I could find on the internet as you heer collectors know how rare these AXT army daggers are and everyone has the same enhancement. So what a great observation by Heers68 discovering this AXT only in house crossguard enhancement. I checked my other Heer daggers by other makers with this crossguard and none have this enhancement. So new discoveries still abound and that’s one thing that makes the hunt that much more interesting. So get out your AXT and check it out !

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques
    The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

?

A very interesting piece indeed! Thanks for showing. Can't wait to see your other four additions.

Danny

Hi Tom, well you have very nice early dagger, I only saw one in past, but I think yours is in much better condition... And I want also get my AXT but here it is impossible, almost no daggers, and when I find somethik it is common dagger with generic fittings.

Thanks for showing this beauty.

Best regards

Peter

?

Indeed the Axt Heers are hard to find, it has lovely fittings, the backside sidewings are interesting, thx for pointing that out.

Regards
    Ger

Thanks guys while i do not collect maker marks the Axt will fit nicely in my crossguard collection due to the unique Axt crossguard enhancement to this early generic type-2 crossguard.

Now that you point that out Tom...the crossguard is very different in style.

The blade is what it is...but for that price and the rarity of the Dagger and guard..you done very well !

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Default Eisenkopf Alcoso

Another SOS-2016 pickup and welcome variation to my crossguard collection. Alcoso Type-3 Eisenkopf steel crossguard. The whole dagger is fitted with steel base components to include the pommel. Blade is a tapered tang and very nice condition. Crossguard shows great detail and personalized to Binnewies. The dagger came with a research file on the owner. Friedrich Binnewies achieved the rank of Major in 1942 of Nachr.Abt.46. He was recipient of the Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse (Iron Cross 2nd class) - Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse (Iron Cross 1st class) - Ostmedaille (Russian Front Medal) - Wehrmacht Dienstauszeichnungen (4 and 12 year long service award) - Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse - (War Merit Cross With Swords) - Deutsches Schutzwall Ehrenzeichen (Defense Wall Honor Award)

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

That's a great example of a very correct Eisenkopf Alcoso Tom. The personalization and documentation really makes it special too! Saw this piece in hand and it has a very nice patina and a minty blade.. Congrats! Kevin.

Default Friedrich Binnewies

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast