Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

Article about: These slants Ivory grips are the holy grail for the Slant collectors, i have never seen one before, although i know i european collector who ownes one. Im very happy you shared this one with

Quote by heers68 View Post
    Tom, Great find for you my friend! You have a way of coming across these new guard types.. great eye!!
    Ger, Amazing finds there!! I really love the Aluminum Eick.. Neeed one!! Best, Kevin.
    Thanks Kevin ! Looking for the next new Type - Is there one more to be discovered ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques
    P
    Many

Default F.W. Holler Type-2

Holler Type-2 distributor marked Durbeck. This dagger features some beautiful hand work. Note the acorns on the pommel and scabbard bands. Mint blade with horizontal cross grain on the center segment. Lots of factory lacquer clinging giving that desirable molted appearance. Distributor marked Hollers are quite rare and have only seen this particular variation I know Peter owns one just like this. These Durbeck marked Hollers are super quality pieces.

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques
    The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

Default Durbeck Visor

Here is my Durbeck visor i have owned for many years nice compliment for the dagger. Believe Durbeck is still in business today.

Default Carl Wusthof

Picked this dagger up last year at the Max Show certainly one of the hardest makers to find with less then a handful known in collections. Dagger is fitted with a Unattributed Type-1 crossguard which is normally what you see on this maker although i have seen this maker fitted with a Unattributed Type-2 as well. Overall the dagger is in beautiful shape.

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques
    The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military AntiquesThe Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques
    The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

Grip is a beauty Tom..almost like glass .

Producer IMO is not a commonly found one.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Grip is a beauty Tom..almost like glass .

Producer IMO is not a commonly found one.

Regards Larry
    Hahaha that is a true understatement my friend!

As Tom said: certainly one of the hardest makers to find with less then a handful known in collections

Tom congratz on this true piece of art, this dagger has all you can wish for! an army collectors dream, and thanks for showing!

Ger

?

Tom, that's a rare beauty of a find.

Was that part of the Ford Crews collection ?

Thanks guys - Serge yes this was part of fords collection i was lucky to pick this up from the pile during the frenzy

Tom I will echo everyone's comments.... nice rare beauty indeed, yes I missed that one during the frenzy good for you !

Cheers

Mario

Quote by North of 55 View Post
    Tom I will echo everyone's comments.... nice rare beauty indeed, yes I missed that one during the frenzy good for you !

Cheers

Mario
    Thank You Mario - Sorry I missed you at the SOS this year.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast