Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

Article about: These slants Ivory grips are the holy grail for the Slant collectors, i have never seen one before, although i know i european collector who ownes one. Im very happy you shared this one with

?

That's a beautiful and scarce piece. I love the hand enhancing of the crossguard. I think the early army daggers are still under-appreciated by the average collector. They are much rarer then many think. Congretulations on this find

Danny

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques
    P
    Many

Default Henckels 2nd Example

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques
    The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

What a great dagger Tom. As you mention, the detailing is outstanding. The guard on my example is exactly the same as the two shown by you. The background on the pommel is textured with a very small dot pattern though, different than your examples.

Wolfgang

Quote by wolfeknives View Post
    What a great dagger Tom. As you mention, the detailing is outstanding. The guard on my example is exactly the same as the two shown by you. The background on the pommel is textured with a very small dot pattern though, different than your examples.
    Wolfgang
    Wolfgang – On the pommel does it have the little circles in place of the acorns?

Tom, I am almost certain that the acorns are made up of little circles as well. It is too difficult to see because of the portapee cord. I did not want to disrupt your thread with my photos, so I started a new thread here: Early Henckel Heer

I will pull out the dagger tomorrow and get a closeup of the pommel.

Wolfgang

Default G.Weyersberg

I recently added this G.Weyersberg heer to my collection. The dagger has a Horster Type-1 crossguard which initially attracted me to the dagger. While I don’t collect maker marks this is a rarely seen maker on an army. Most examples by this maker are fitted with the later Horster Type-2 crossguard. This is the earliest example by this maker I have seen the dagger is very heavy with a beautifully hand worked early pommel - Tapered tang polished blade with a stamped maker mark and an early double screw configuration scabbard. The dagger fortunately has a beautiful patina and blade the grip is slightly lighter color on the reverse indicative of the position it must have laid in for many years. While not a slant still an early dagger exhibiting many features of early production.

The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques The Tom Kendall Heer Collection and Military Antiques

?

That is a true beauty Tom!

Thx for showing this lovely enchanced dagger.

Regards,
    Ger

Hi Tom, I have to say something to you, to this time I was almost sure that I know each marker of Army officer daggers, but thanks to you - I know that I cant learn or see everything! I never saw similar marker mark before, so it is new for me... Thanks a lot for showing this example to us - I really appreciated your thread with many new posts of unknown daggers. Now I can go sleep and dream about daggers which you have

Regards Peter

?

Tom,
    Outstanding addition, you know my thoughts on that cross-guard already. I have only seen two other G.Weyersburgs with the Horster 1st. I bet you are chuffed with that one.

Congratulations

Great dagger Tom!!..oddly..I would expect a more stylish logo..from this producer..as this has the basic look of a distributors mark. I have been spoiled to see so many beautiful pieces displayed here....but I guess not all beautiful daggers can have a nice logo. Tom you spoiled everyone with these rarities . Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast