Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A trip to Germany

Article about: This years trip to Germany turned out well for my Heer dagger collection. I like to have all the accoutrements with my daggers, so the stash of portapees and hangers will complete a number o

Default A trip to Germany

This years trip to Germany turned out well for my Heer dagger collection. I like to have all the accoutrements with my daggers, so the stash of portapees and hangers will complete a number of pieces. I was also glad to find two very nice Heer daggers. One is an early Eickhorn slant grip with of course first model crossguard. The other is an early Tiger with the large logo and first type WKC crossguard.
    As an aside, the second model luft is a double etched Voos with ivory grip.
    I am still travelling, but will get some good photos when I get home.

Wolfgang

A trip to Germany

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A trip to Germany
    P
    Many

Wow what a cached find!!..nothing like going straight to the source for all these goodies. Looking forward to your pics when you get back. Have a great trip..keep us posted of any other new finds. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Here is a man that is good at what he does.

?

Quite a hoard.

?

Holy Smokes!!!!
    Well now I know that there are no more hangers and portapees left in Germany!!!!
    Nice snag.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Hi Wolfgang, I´m army dagger collector and if I see your photo, I can´t believe my eyes! Just A M A Z I N G wonderful collection of hangers, two very rare daggers, I still don´t have W.K.C. 1st. pattern in my collection - and you have extremely nice one! So you visited Kassel in Germany? Next year I certainly try to go there, if some time left!

Regards Peter

Quote by PeterCollector View Post
    Hi Wolfgang, I´m army dagger collector and if I see your photo, I can´t believe my eyes! Just A M A Z I N G wonderful collection of hangers, two very rare daggers, I still don´t have W.K.C. 1st. pattern in my collection - and you have extremely nice one! So you visited Kassel in Germany? Next year I certainly try to go there, if some time left!

Regards Peter
    Peter, I always look forward to the posts showing your collection. Your photos and quality daggers are an inspiration.
    I did attend the Kassel show. Though Heer daggers are plentiful at the show, fine or early pieces are scarce. My only purchases at the show were the Eickhorn slant grip and a few of the hangers and portapees. All the remaining items came from other sources.
    The luft sword is part of a KC "group", purchased mainly to keep the group intact.
    First model WKC guards are not too terrible scarce on WKC daggers. I have found several of these, I am sure you will be able to find a nice example without too much trouble. The dagger shown here is nice because it is a great early Tiger dagger with the very large logo.

Wolfgang

Waste of a trip, Peter...he Got them all...lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Cant wait to the see the detailed shots those slant Eickhorns are not easy to find !

Wolfgang, thanks for your kind words, it is nice to hear that you like my army daggers Your very advanced collection is inspiration for me too! Maybe in future we collect all the daggers, and after that, well, nothing left

Wagriff - I think you are right, almost nothing left...

Regards Peter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast