Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Two heer daggers

Article about: Hello! I have a chance to buy these two daggers, but dont know how much the seller wants yet. What do you think of them? Are they genuine? I posted them in the general forum yesterday but wa

?

Default Two heer daggers

Hello!
    I have a chance to buy these two daggers, but dont know how much the seller wants yet.
    What do you think of them?
    Are they genuine? I posted them in the general forum yesterday but was requested to take better photos and post them here so please give me you opinions on them.

Thanks in advance!

Joakim

Two heer daggers
    Two heer daggers
    Two heer daggers
    Two heer daggers
    Two heer daggers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two heer daggers
    P
    Many

Thanks Jocke for reposting these ...I know the Heer gents are going to like that rare double wire grip wrap..on that broken bladed example. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Cant say I like these very much, the complete dagger looks like a parts piece with a Pack guard and Generic B pommel, patina is quite different on the parts too.. even though the blade looks pretty nice. (any maker marks on either blade?) Other Generic A fitted "stump" has what looks like a jacked up attempt at grip wire and looks to have glue around the botton of the grip? Wire type is like nothing I have seen on period daggers either. The huge rings on the one scabbard might out-do Luft rings! There are makers of Heers that used bigger rings (like early Wingens) but this looks fishy! Big ol' mess to be avoided in my book, parts only..Kevin.

?

Thx for posting these better pics, unfortunate the detailed pics reveal a lot more.
    At first i was very excited seeing a wired grip on a heer, now im tempered.
    The ferrule of the complete dagger has a huge cap where it meets the guard, and has a complete other look then the 3th pack guard, clear to see at the second picture.
    I couldnt make out the pommel in the Original post, but i most agree with Kevin, about being a parts.

as i saw in the Original pics the stomp blade is odd: brushed, but i was very surprised to see the grip being wired and totaly overlooked the huge scabbard rings that Kevin pointed out! great eyes
    These rings indeed look more then fishy!
    Im not sure about the wire that been used on the grip, never seen this type before.
    it sure looks old, but it could be altered, cant see no traces of glue but it looks like the grip doesnt fit the ferrule very well, the end of the gripwire pops out....

Unfortunate i most agree with Kevin verdict: parts daggers.

Ger

Kevin thx

?

Thanks for all you who replied.
    I did not buy these as i and the seller had a little different opinions on the price, and since you had some considerations on them i let them go.

Joakim