Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two Heer Daggers

Article about: Guys.... Not my area and this is the only picture I have. I will hopefully have them in hand this weekend. Anything you can tell me about them? Early, Late? Good / Bad? Both of these are Eic

MAP
    ?

Default Two Heer Daggers

Guys....

Not my area and this is the only picture I have. I will hopefully have them in hand this weekend.

Anything you can tell me about them? Early, Late? Good / Bad?

Both of these are Eickhorn.

I'm not particularly looking for one (I have one already albeit in not great condition) but if one of them is unique enough I may consider it.

I do not know what the asking price is yet.

Thanks!

Two Heer Daggers

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two Heer Daggers
    P
    Many

Interesting pair, but, unfortunately, as I'm sure you already know, much clearer and closer up photos are needed of the guard eagles and the pommel caps-as well as the bands on the sheaths, makers marks, etc. So far, I'm not seeing anything jumping out as bad, though! Closer and better photos will make it much easier to determine what type of guards, etc are in place and if anything that Is there shouldn't be.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

MAP
    ?

Thanks William,

Yeah...thought so...well will have them in hand this weekend.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Look forward to seeing the pictures.
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Look forward to seeing the pictures.
    I probably won't buy them. I owe him a chunk of change for a Heer Para Badge and he also has a Kreta cuff title that I like.....

?

Hi Map compare the crosguard with this one
    Heer dagger Eickhorn 3th pattern in mint condition

The most common Eickhorn is the last type of crossguard ( Eick 4th pattern) so if one of the two aint exactly like the link i gave you, its a common one.
    The 3th type is hard to find, the 4th common, both have the same appeareance from a distance..

Just buy the Heer book that Danny & I with release in October...it will clearify all

Regards,
    Ger

MAP
    ?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Hi Map compare the crosguard with this one
    Heer dagger Eickhorn 3th pattern in mint condition

The most common Eickhorn is the last type of crossguard ( Eick 4th pattern) so if one of the two aint exactly like the link i gave you, its a common one.
    The 3th type is hard to find, the 4th common, both have the same appeareance from a distance..

Just buy the Heer book that Danny & I with release in October...it will clearify all

Regards,
    Ger
    Thanks Ger. I should have it in hand this weekend and can take better pictures to compare it to..

Funny...the book is on my birthday and/or Christmas list and just told my wife last week not to get me a Barnes & Noble gift card (which she does every year) as I can't buy the specialty books I need from this bookstore...Here's hoping she remembers and gives me cash instead....

MAP, The daggers themselves are both fitted in correct type 4 fittings. The scabbard at the top of the pic does not appear to be a correct Eickhorn type, and it is hard to see but I believe it has a side screw, which (along with the style of the bands) would not be correct for a later type Eick. Bottom scabbard is a typical Eick later type with thick throat plate. Lets see the maker marks and more detail! Best, Kevin.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Kevin. This is great info and will help me to decide.

I wasn't really looking to add another to my collection but thought I just might if the price was right if they were OK and if I had any extra cash left over after my other items on hold.

Regards,

Michael

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks Ger. I should have it in hand this weekend and can take better pictures to compare it to..

Funny...the book is on my birthday and/or Christmas list and just told my wife last week not to get me a Barnes & Noble gift card (which she does every year) as I can't buy the specialty books I need from this bookstore...Here's hoping she remembers and gives me cash instead....
    Can't wait to see the pics bud. I love your wife and have never met her. Sounds like a good lady to let you be the collecting machine you are. I know I am lucky my wife gets it
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast