Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked Heer dagger

Article about: Hi gents! I would like your opinions on this unmarked heer dagger which I am thinking about buying. I suspect the crossguard is Carl Eickhorn, but thats all I have been able to figure out. T

Default Unmarked Heer dagger

Hi gents!

I would like your opinions on this unmarked heer dagger which I am thinking about buying.
    I suspect the crossguard is Carl Eickhorn, but thats all I have been able to figure out.

The seller wants roughly 620$ for it which I think sound way to much. Any thought on the price?

Unmarked Heer daggerUnmarked Heer daggerUnmarked Heer daggerUnmarked Heer daggerUnmarked Heer daggerUnmarked Heer dagger

Cheers,
    Jonas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Heer dagger
    P
    Many

Hi Joronas..hang in there let the sharp Heer eyes take a look at it. IMO the dagger looks original...but the rest is in the details of the producer and the parts. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Certainly over priced and there are a couple of things that are worth a mention before you part with any cash. The ferrule does not appear to be your typical Eickhorn production, not a deal breaker in itself, however the pommel looks to be pot metal and the cross-guard does not, suggesting different materials. While Eickhorn did mix and match parts from different periods, they were normally very good at ensuring the base materials and plating etc was uniform across all parts.
    It may just be the artificial lighting but worth asking for better pictures taken in natural daylight.
    The scabbard, cross-guard and pommel are all recognised as being used / produced by Eickhorn, which is a good thing, but worth treading cautiously considering the asking price!.

I just sold a Tiger Army for £270, so yes the price is very high IMO more like $390 not $600 plus

Unfortunately, this dagger is cleaned.
    Most black patina is missing.

Regards
    Vedran

After hearing your thoughts and opinions I've decided to not put more effort on this dagger.
    I do not believe the seller would be willing to lower the price near to what I would be willing to pay for it.

Thanks you for the help!

Best regards,
    Jonas

Quote by Joronas View Post
    After hearing your thoughts and opinions I've decided to not put more effort on this dagger.
    I do not believe the seller would be willing to lower the price near to what I would be willing to pay for it.

Thanks you for the help!

Best regards,
    Jonas
    A wise decision in my opinion.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)