Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Unmarked heer dagger for authentication.

Article about: Recently i sold this dagger, claiming it was authentic. But now the buyer claims that it is fake because there are no makers mark on the blade. Please give me your oppinions on the dagger. I

Default Unmarked heer dagger for authentication.

Recently i sold this dagger, claiming it was authentic.
    But now the buyer claims that it is fake because there are no makers mark on the blade.
    Please give me your oppinions on the dagger.
    I now that there are lots of unmarked daggers out there.... are there really collectors out there believing all of those to be fake ?
    Thanks alot guys.
    HB
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked heer dagger for authentication.   Unmarked heer dagger for authentication.  

Unmarked heer dagger for authentication.   Unmarked heer dagger for authentication.  

Unmarked heer dagger for authentication.   Unmarked heer dagger for authentication.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked heer dagger for authentication.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Unmarked heer dagger for authentication.

Good one.
    Unmarked Anton Wingen, A type generic late dagger.

Regards
    Vedran

Agreed with the above; looks fine to me too.

HB.........please invite your associate to attend our Edged Weapon forum as there is more here that would answer any questions of doubt. There is much here that would explain even what is not commonly seen....along with condition that tends to give any collector the wrong impression on authenticity. I have no doubts with the dagger as Vedran has pointed out. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I just sold my army officers dagger and the blade was also unmarked and 100% original.

?

On a thread on WAF I read that daggers that were sold at a PX or Army store were unmarked. The ones from private stores were marked. I don 't know if this is true but it sounds good.

Thank you guys
    I, myself, had no doubt about this dagger either....
    I just hope that the buyer will change his mind now.
    Best
    HB

I hope your buyer gets educated.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Nobody in this world is born with all kinds of knowledge.
    Furthermore, with a bunch of fake daggers, their Frankenstein, it's hard to be sure to something.
    I'm in my beginnings burned quite a few times, mostly from the "honest sellers."
    Better to be careful, money does not grow on trees.

Regards
    Vedran

Quote by hbhansen View Post
    ............... But now the buyer claims that it is fake because there are no makers mark on the blade ..............
    While it also applies to a degree with the TR era, in the Imperial era it was not at all uncommon to see no maker's TM - even with some very high quality blades. With the explanation then (and presumably now) the same. No TM markings allowed tailors and uniform shops to shop for the best price from the different makers with no expectation by their customer of getting a "brand X" dagger or sword. And it also allowed makers to sell unmarked blades to competing shops who may or may not have had an "exclusivity arrangement" between them and those retailers who carried their product line. And with the many fakes that have copied period TM's - IMO it's much better to have a legitimate period unmarked dagger than a fake or altered item. Regards, Fred