Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unmarked Late Zinc Dagger With a Plated Blade

Article about: Hello Everyone, I would like to show you my latest Army Dagger. A late zinc dagger is perhaps not the most interesting dagger on the forum, but I think it deserves to be shown. The reason I

Default Unmarked Late Zinc Dagger With a Plated Blade

Hello Everyone,

I would like to show you my latest Army Dagger.

A late zinc dagger is perhaps not the most interesting dagger on the forum, but I think it deserves to be shown. The reason I bought it was because of its plated blade, and its overall good condition. It's difficult to take pictures that really shows the plated blade, but I did my best.
    I hope you like it - I know I do.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unmarked Late Zinc Dagger With a Plated Blade   Unmarked Late Zinc Dagger With a Plated Blade  

Unmarked Late Zinc Dagger With a Plated Blade   Unmarked Late Zinc Dagger With a Plated Blade  

Unmarked Late Zinc Dagger With a Plated Blade   Unmarked Late Zinc Dagger With a Plated Blade  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked Late Zinc Dagger With a Plated Blade
    P
    Many

a nice dagger still.

Looks great! The Galalith grip is a nice talking point alone, and makes this one stand out a bit more from the herd, nice catch.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Hi Chris,

this dagger screams LATE al the way.
    The Generic crossguard made of potmetal and lost all its silvering so does the pommel.
    The plated blade is indeed not common on a late war dagger like this, but shortness of materials could explain that.
    Im not sure if the scabbard belongs to the dagger, but thats hard to tell with a late war dagger.

Ger

Quote by Chris76 View Post
    Hello Everyone, A late zinc dagger is perhaps not the most interesting dagger on the forum, but I think it deserves to be shown.
    They all deserve to be shown...no matter the condition..if it is correct for the most part..which these Heer daggers are mostly parted towards the end of the war..then no doubt it is most worthy to be shown and shared...its all about the history.

Any idea anyone on a near identity of the producer....or the parts used? Who would this dagger represent in construction?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry, the easiest way to identify a Heer dagger is by its crossguard.
    This one is impossible to identify as the crossguard is the generic A type.
    This type has been made by several producers and were obtained by smaller company's who did not designed their own crossguard.

Regards,
    Ger

?

Hi Chris,

Nice battleship grey heer dagger imo

the crossguard looks similar to WKC 3rd pattern maybe ?

Mac 66.

?

Nice to see.

?

Quote by Mac 66 View Post
    Hi Chris,

Nice battleship grey heer dagger imo

the crossguard looks similar to WKC 3rd pattern maybe ?

Mac 66.
    Hi Mac,

i guess you mean the WKC 4th pattern, that one is known as the tomahawk eagle, looks quite similar to the generic A.
    IMO This one is for sure a generic A
    wardaggers.com - German Army Dagger Crossguard Makers Reference

cheers,
    Ger

?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Hi Mac,

i guess you mean the WKC 4th pattern, that one is known as the tomahawk eagle, looks quite similar to the generic A.
    IMO This one is for sure a generic A
    wardaggers.com - German Army Dagger Crossguard Makers Reference

cheers,
    Ger

Ger,

Yes for sure its the 4rth pattern, but there is also 3rd pattern WKC heer daggers with the 4rth pattern eagle crossguard on that website in the for sale section, take a look.

Cheers Mac 66.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast