Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Very expensive Heer dagger!

Article about: Found on Craigslist: Authentic German WW2 Dagger "This is a dagger that my grandfather obtained in the battle of the bulge. It is an authentic Heer Eichorn dagger worn by German officer

Default Very expensive Heer dagger!

Found on Craigslist:

Authentic German WW2 Dagger

"This is a dagger that my grandfather obtained in the battle of the bulge. It is an authentic Heer Eichorn dagger worn by German officers. It is so because of the standing squirrel on it and it is rare. For more information, please contact the e-mail listed on Craigslist. "

The small pictures are all that were available. I don't think I'll be pursuing this one, but if anyone is interested in a $4000 Heer dagger, there it is . . .

I figure either the seller has no idea of true market value, or he can tell his wife he listed it on Craigslist and doesn't know why there are no takers!
    Attached Images Attached Images Very expensive Heer dagger!  Very expensive Heer dagger! 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Very expensive Heer dagger!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Very expensive Heer dagger!

Maybe it's only a typographic error - An extra '0' appeared !

I think you are correct Roger. I see a lot of this, where
    someone pulls a figure out of thin air...........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

First of all i cant imagine any officer going into battle with his dress dagger let alone the "BULGE", secondly whats rare about a heer dagger, and the price ,where on earth did they get that idea, if theres two for sale ill have both at that price, especially with the stand upright squirrels

I wonder who told the seller the standing squirrel makes it a "rare" piece? Maybe he just believes the hype himself. If my grandfather brought it back from the war, I sure wouldn't be selling it unless they were going to repossess my car.

?

LOL, i,ve seen lots of advertising on the dutch MarketPlace, Heads: very rare.....etc.
    mostly bad examples, swastika removed, rusted blades, always a barn find, or from grandpa's attic, found recently......