Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Wehrmacht daggers collection

Article about: A beautiful army dagger Peter! I had the privilage to hold this one in my hands when I visited Ger a few weeks ago. Congretulations on adding this rare piece to your collection Danny

Tomaz, yes all silvering is gone and only 0,1% left so I´sure that this dagger that this dagger was plated, when it leave factory. Plating is almost no visible on crossguard, so I take some shots with microscope, please look at the pictures below...

I hope you will see few little spots of plating.

Best regards

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht daggers collection   Wehrmacht daggers collection  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht daggers collection
    P
    Many

?

Very nice Peter!
    and Yes!! its clearly visible, remarkable pics this microscope is capable of.
    Thx for sharing.

Ger

Hello to all,

here is another addition into my collection. Almost everything was said about this dagger, so I just have to say - enjoy pictures of this dagger I try to shot some extra pictures with microscope, which is my new toy...

Best regards

Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht daggers collection   Wehrmacht daggers collection  

Wehrmacht daggers collection   Wehrmacht daggers collection  

?

Those pictures with the microscope are great! What kind of device do you use? I really like the detail that it provides.

Danny

Hi Danny, it is nice to hear that you like my photos with microscope Now I think it is a neeed for each advanced collector of medals or edged weapons also. I use USB Microscope - Carson MM-840 eflex. 75x/300x Digital Microscope - very easy to use and not very expensive. It cost me 140 €. And why it is necessary - just look at the pictures below - you can see each flaw on metal and each tool mark! See attached pictures in full resolution for compare

Holler type 2 - typical tool mark on Head of eagle, barely visible by eye
    Marking on the ring of War Merit cross 2nd. Class with swords
    Detail of head of Luftwaffe 2nd. Model dagger - generic crossguard
    Detail of Hindenburg cross marking

Best regards

Peter

Peter, Wonderful daggers, like the Klaas fitted Henckels! These pics are amazing, have to look into this microscope set up. Best, Kevin.

Hi Kivin, thanks for your comment, it is nice to hear that you like my daggers. And I certainly can recomended you this microscope, very funny think and you can zoom to anythink

Peter

Hello, for very long time I´m back and want to show you my latest dagger, which is new to this time unknown design. Here it is: early Puma dagger with type "A" grip and unique crossguard which is mix of Horster type one design and typical weyersberg eye. Both pommel and crossguard are made from brass and are heavily silvered. Blade hase Puma´s early marker mark - small Puma head in diamond. Blade tang is tapered. Scabbard is textbook early Puma.

So here it is Unique design and one of the kind. I hope you like it.

?

That is a wonderfull guard completely hand enhanced, a lovely early Puma and first to see with this type op guard!
    Congratz!
    a great addition to your collection.

Ger

Hi Ger, thank you for your comment Well this dagger was a very nice catch this spring Now, I have to take some photos of my new WKC type 2 - now I have two and early Robi Klaas, type 2 with portepe and hanger both are nice picese with a lot of interesting aspects...!

Peter

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast