Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Why would this dagger be questionable?

Article about: This one has just been sold by one of the big dealers for 6.795 usd, well for that price someone would expect a top of the bill dagger. Still i have seen just as many questionable issues as

?

Default Why would this dagger be questionable?

This one has just been sold by one of the big dealers for 6.795 usd, well for that price someone would expect a top of the bill dagger.
    Still i have seen just as many questionable issues as there are parts..
    Please gents shoot ahead and tell me your thoughts, at the end i will add my 2 cents
    But boy am i glad that those dollars aint mine!
    Why would this dagger be questionable?Why would this dagger be questionable?Why would this dagger be questionable?Why would this dagger be questionable?Why would this dagger be questionable?Why would this dagger be questionable?Why would this dagger be questionable?Why would this dagger be questionable?Why would this dagger be questionable?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Why would this dagger be questionable?
    P
    Many

mpw
    ?

Just an observation from a complete novice...... The blade is in the wrong way round which then means whoever did the etching also has done it back to front. Something I would not have expected to see on a war time piece.

Mark.

?

its a double sided etched blade, sorry didnt mentioned that, but fyi having the logo on the frontside doesnt Always mean the blade has been swapped.
    Numerous examples are known having the logo frontwise and a fixed pommel, like Heller & Alcoso.

Ger

here the reverse side of the blade.
    Why would this dagger be questionable?

Quite correct Mark. The maker's mark should be at the back of the blade and the personalisation etching must be at the back of a double etching. Can we say impossible to occur? I'm not sure, but suspect at least. I have no knowledge of this particular etching, but it is executed well. But that slip with the maker's mark bothers me.

?

please Gents concentrate on the hardware, which type of guard is it?
    Does the scabbard bears the Klaas feature?
    Who produced the pommel...etc.

I'd rather concentrate on the etching bro. I had quick look at a prominent dealer site with a ton of Heer daggers but only about three were etched ones (some previously sold) and all had this same etching which was attributed to Emil Voos. One etched dagger the dealer comment was they had it assembled from parts. So is this one another assembled dagger? Why would one dealer have three etched Voos blades and none from other makers?

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Quite correct Mark. The maker's mark should be at the back of the blade ........
    Absolutely not! Just read this post:
    A widely spread misunderstanding

Regards
    Danny

?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    please Gents concentrate on the hardware, which type of guard is it?
    Does the scabbard bears the Klaas feature?
    Who produced the pommel...etc.
    I'm surprised no one has noticed it yet!

Danny

?

Well its a WKC type 4 crossguard and a generic scabbard without the asterisk on the bands for Klaas and im assuming from Anderson's comment that it is a Voos etch on a Klaas marked blade, other than that is it normal to have crossgrain over an etched blade.

Tomaz.

?

Tomaz your right!
    but your missing 1 thing.....who produced the pommel ?

best
    Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast