Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WKC Heer Dagger - Little Salty but Decent

Article about: I'm finalizing a purchase for this army dagger. Just wanted to make sure I'm not making a big mistake. I've owned a few examples so I feel pretty good that this is a nice one. Not mint but n

Default WKC Heer Dagger - Little Salty but Decent

I'm finalizing a purchase for this army dagger. Just wanted to make sure I'm not making a big mistake. I've owned a few examples so I feel pretty good that this is a nice one. Not mint but not too salty. Thanks for looking!
    WKC Heer Dagger - Little Salty but DecentWKC Heer Dagger - Little Salty but DecentWKC Heer Dagger - Little Salty but DecentWKC Heer Dagger - Little Salty but DecentWKC Heer Dagger - Little Salty but Decent

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WKC Heer Dagger - Little Salty but Decent
    P
    Many

Dagger itself is a correct "hatchet head" WKC but the scabbard is a generic type, not a WKC product. Is it possible its been with this dagger since WW2? yes, but will make resale difficult (more likely replaced after the war). Blade looks to have a good duffle bag bend in it too, (towards the front). I would keep looking unless the price is super low. Kevin.

Thanks for the reply, Kevin. Never heard of a duffle bag bend. Is that just a term for the blade being bent from about where it attaches to the handle making the whole thing off center? Seller wants two seventy five. How can you tell the scabbard isn't original to this WKC? Just lots of experience? Thanks again.

Naptime, I've been looking at these daggers for a long time (30 yrs or so..), so yes it's a lot of experience! Style of oakleaves on the scabbard bands and location of throat retention screw is not typical WKC.. "Duffle bag bend" is just a term I use for a bent tang, seen quite often with these daggers. Now weather this was how the bend happened is any ones guess. If the dagger is carefully disassembled the bent tang can usually be straightened but it takes great care and patience to not over do it! Good hunting, Kevin.

?

Nap you mean "Seller wants two seventy five" = 275 dollars?

i think 125-150 will be very well paid, as this is more the value of the parts instead of a collectable piece.
    I do not count the blade, its bad: its more like the grip, pommel and guard.
    The scabbard is straight but is loosing its silveren, not much value to add.

Take Kevins advise at heart and look for a decent one, this one will be stock in your collection forever.
    If youwant to upgrade it, and you will then nobody will pay a decent price....it will cost you double in the end!

Ger

Agreed-for what it is, $275 is far too high,in my opinion. You can do much better for a little bit more.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Great thanks guys. Yes $275 was the price. I politely declined after hearing from the team here.