Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

WKC Heer dagger slant grip

Article about: Here is a WKC Heer slant grip I picked up at the SOS last week. Please give your opinions on it. Hope the pictures are sufficient to review it. Close ups of the cross guard and logo as reque

Default WKC Heer dagger slant grip

Here is a WKC Heer slant grip I picked up at the SOS last week. Please give your opinions on it. Hope the pictures are sufficient to review it. Close ups of the cross guard and logo as requested.

Thanks
    Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WKC Heer dagger slant grip   WKC Heer dagger slant grip  

WKC Heer dagger slant grip  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WKC Heer dagger slant grip
    P
    Many

?

I hate to bring you the bad news but the dagger has an Eickhorn scabbard and a type 2 Eickhorn crossguard. For me, this makes it a dagger that didn't leave the WKC factory this way. It's more likely the dagger originally had an Eickhorn blade as well. The pommel seems to be a mid period WKC type.

Regards
    Danny

Thank you for the input Danny it is appreciated. Not terrible news as I have very little into it and will just move it on. I will post the other WKC as soon as I can.

Steve

Have to agree with Danny.. Kevin.

?

Bad luck Steve,
    All have been said by Danny....i have nothing to add

Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Bad luck Steve,
    All have been said by Danny....i have nothing to add

Ger
    These Heer daggers can be the most challenging when searching for a whole example...I would have to say with this type of study..and to add what Gerrit has said..."luck" begins by contacting Gerrit and see if he has any of his renown Heer references left in his stable.

This has helped many including myself in a minefield of doubt.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill