Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another helmet i would like an opinion in the decal

Article about: Hello .this is the other helmet i only got 2 but hope its good to. The other one is in better shape

Default Another helmet i would like an opinion in the decal

Hello .this is the other helmet i only got 2 but hope its good to. The other one is in better shape
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another helmet i would like an opinion in the decal   Another helmet i would like an opinion in the decal  

Another helmet i would like an opinion in the decal   Another helmet i would like an opinion in the decal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another helmet i would like an opinion in the decal
    P
    Many

Helmet looks like a "KIA". Serious head wound. What's left of the original decal, interesting how the black field is almost gone, the eagle remains. Helmet shows a lot of probably post war handling....very shiny. SE M40 helmets both Luft & Heer were often painted in a very heavy textured paint, more so than other producers of M40s'. This one is smooth with a shine to it. Maybe cleaned at one time ? Need a hands on to be sure

But it is a good original.

Any idea how to get the shine off
    There is still some black you can see but maybe its not the best picture so here is a better one

Last edited by Larry C; 10-29-2017 at 11:53 PM.

It is sideways. I cannot twist my neck again. I am an old man. Could you send straight up pics of the decal ?

Ok i try
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another helmet i would like an opinion in the decal  

Okay...I photo shopped it for clarity & added a frame to it. (Got nothing else to do, my wife went to the gym, where I should be too)

There is plenty of the black field intact. Your first pic of the decal, due to poor lighting made it look heavily worn. I could not see the black field. Really odd. But it is not missing (decal). It's all there

Leave the paint alone. The shine could be from heavy wartime wear, or post war handling. Nothing you can do but handle it as least as possible. The more handling, the shinier it will get. Just leave it as is. "It is what it is " An original ET decal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another helmet i would like an opinion in the decal  

Thanks.
    Im happy its a good one to.

Possibly the helmet has been waxed or oiled giving it the shiny appearance?
    If that were the case though you may do damage by trying to clean it. Best left as is.
    Nick

Really odd. I photo shop your first pic the best I could for detail & clarity....still can't see the black field. Especially the sides next to the eagles head. Must have been the lighting. Just a faint outline bottom of the decal

Quote by fotsirk View Post
    Thanks.
    Im happy its a good one to.
    My pleasure to help. Happy for you too !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast