Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Couple of fakes

Article about: Elaborating further from my prior discussions on what to look for in a post war applied decal, I have posted two helmets that were obviously re-painted & re-badged a couple of years ago.

Default Couple of fakes

Elaborating further from my prior discussions on what to look for in a post war applied decal, I have posted two helmets that were obviously re-painted & re-badged a couple of years ago. Both were done by the same scammer. Was going to call him an "Artist", but his horrendous attempts at creating & selling fakes does not warrant that title. The first one, the EF was actually bought by a very well known collector who was "caught up in the moment" due to the low asking price on Ebay. Fortunately he got refunded.
    It was re-painted, re decaled, liner might be real. The decals are the HJK originals which are offered in abundance by the sheet. They are real, just unapplied. Notice the lacquer issues. Stress lines in the decal.
    Second shows the Meth. Berger.eagle. Again..repainted, re-decaled. The bird is an original, also found in its' unapplied state. Was rubbed too hard or cleaned, leaving an un natural look to it. So was the nat. colors. Look at the poor attempt to show a lacquer line on the last Nat. decal. Dome stamp is a repro also & the liner appears also to be unnatural wear & age.
    So again...not always the decal that is in question, it is the proper vs. post war application one should look at.
    Sorry, my pics got a little mixed up during upload
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Couple of fakes   Couple of fakes  

Couple of fakes   Couple of fakes  

Couple of fakes  
    Attached Images Attached Images Couple of fakes 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Couple of fakes
    P
    Many