Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Et police decal help needed

Article about: Need some help/opinions here please from my trusted "Helmet Head" friends on this forum. Wanting to know if this police decal looks to have been "touched up" where the da

Quote by Godstantin View Post
    Hi, one of the tricks I use when I test the originality of decals is by lighting them up during 5 to 10 seconds. If the decal melts, its a post-war repro. Original decals are not affected by heat. Of course it depends how important the originality aspect is to you and your friend. Because, if it is a fake, your repro decal will have been destroyed by the test.
    So all the helmets with melted decals you had to keep I guess as no-one would have wanted to refund you ?

David I see no issues with the helmet apart from what you are concerned with , maybe the decals were re-lacquered causing them to be so glossy ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Et police decal help needed
    P
    Many

?

Shame.... I have also seen SS helmets with ruins touched up in this manner.. This helmet is a frickin GEM! I can see your sadness as this entire helmet is museum quality shape, I mean immaculate! I would venture to say the price tag wouldn't be cheap - and the dang touch up is a glaring eye sore compared to the rest of this helmet being in such good shape! Its the only thing wrong with this thing, thus - one thing you will always notice... Most people - wouldn't... Unless I had a helmet in my collection in better shape, my answer would be - why not have this one?

Hi David,
    There is also that scratch at the 10 o'clock position that seems to also have had some treatment?. I can understand ( to a point ) why someone would do a touch-up of what otherwise would have been a perfect decal not realising that it would be frowned upon......

You are a helmet magnet my friend!!!!
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks guys. Should be here Sat. or Monday. Have lots of time to make a decision whether to buy it or not. No pressure.

Thank you again for your analysis on this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2