Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HELP!! Helmet Decal Question

Article about: by KradSpam It sounds like that probably is the type of helmet he means. I don't mean to be pedantic, but this section is really only for reference photos of original decals rather than ques

MAP
    ?

Default HELP!! Helmet Decal Question

Any help is appreciated with this VERY limited piece of information I have. An elderly Vet friend of mine, visited a friend. He said her late husband was in the ETO/Battle of the Bulge.

In the house were a bunch of bringback items (helmet, rifles, etc).

One item was a double decal german helmet. Unfortunately he did not have his camera to take a picture. He noted that one decal was just a swastika. Similar to what is on the NSDAP armband. The other he did not remember in detail but he did not think it was a tri-color national emblem.

Sorry for this limited info but can anyone provide any clues?

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HELP!! Helmet Decal Question
    P
    Many

Hi Michael ,impossible to be sure but it sounds either Field Police or SS, that is IF! It is genuine. Leon.

MAP
    ?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Michael ,impossible to be sure but it sounds either Field Police or SS, that is IF! It is genuine. Leon.
    Thanks Leon. It's neither. I showed him pictures of both a standard SS and Field Police decal. My friend is still really sharp and was clear that it was just a swastika and neither of these. He will visit this lady again in a few weeks and get pictures. I do remember seeing pics on some forum of a swastika only decal but can't remember if it was for a fake or legit helmet. I'm very curious to find out.

I know these are all 3rd hand accounts but the lady (now in her late 80's) insisted her husband brought them back from the war.

We will see.....hopefully I can aquire this lot (but doubt it) and preserve the history.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Michael ,in that case it may be a pre-war transitional helmet,or maybe something like an M34 fire helmet? Pictures really are a must I'm afraid, Leon.

?

What color is the helmet?

It sounds like an early fire or police circa 33-35.

MAP
    ?

Hi Michael ,in that case it may be a pre-war transitional helmet,or maybe something like an M34 fire helmet? Pictures really are a must I'm afraid, Leon.
    Yes, I know. Trying to get pics. Was just hoping for an easy win/identification so I can help my friend id it.

If I am successful, I will post pictures.

Thanks!

Michael

MAP
    ?

Quote by DougB View Post
    What color is the helmet?

It sounds like an early fire or police circa 33-35.
    Thanks Doug. Will take the info you and Leon gave me and try to get some pictures to my friend.

Michael

it may be a pre-war transitional helmet,or maybe something like an M34 fire helmet?
    I would bet you are right. These are the only types of helmets I know of that match the description.

(M34 photo from TimeTravelerMilitaria)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HELP!! Helmet Decal Question   HELP!! Helmet Decal Question  

MAP
    ?

Quote by Sir Payne View Post
    I would bet you are right. These are the only types of helmets I know of that match the description.

(M34 photo from TimeTravelerMilitaria)
    This is EXACTLY what I was thinking but could not remember. Thanks for these pictures. Will print them out and show him.

However once again, I did ask him if the helmet had the WWI type lugs and he said "no". So could be the fire helmet without the crest.

Everyone - Thanks!

It sounds like that probably is the type of helmet he means.

I don't mean to be pedantic, but this section is really only for reference photos of original decals rather than question threads like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast