Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Luftschutz decal help

Article about: Hey guys I just need a verification that this decal is legit. Bought the helmet from a reputable dealer but the decal is slightly off center and that has been bothering me. Opinions apprecia

Default Luftschutz decal help

Luftschutz decal help
    Luftschutz decal help
    Luftschutz decal help

Hey guys I just need a verification that this decal is legit. Bought the helmet from a reputable dealer but the decal is slightly off center and that has been bothering me. Opinions appreciated.. Darren
    We have met the enemy and have learned nothing more about him. I have, however, learned some things about myself. There are things men can do to one another that are sobering to the soul. It is one thing to reconcile these things with God, but another to square it with yourself. - Robert Leckie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftschutz decal help
    P
    Many

Only possible issue is the lettering looks very thick, but that may be due to lighting or focus. Other than that, I like it. Will post mine so you can compare. The fakes of these are very obvious due to weak lines in various areas. I don't see those flaws here
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftschutz decal help  
    "When 10 men tell you you're drunk, you better lie down."

Can you use more light when shooting the decal so the color of the helmet contrasts better with the decal. I see a couple of things I dislike.
    The thick letters is just one thing but there are many things different to what I see on original ones.

Just looked on my monitor instead of the iPad , I think the decal is bad.
    Last edited by Schwerpunkt; 02-08-2019 at 09:24 PM. Reason: updated

The edging around the decal as well as the typeface of the Luftschutz legend are wrong, it isn't pre 1945 to me.

Interesting link:
    Luftschutz Decal Quiz

I've been looking at Luftschutz decals a lot recently. I find this one difficult to determine, would like to see it on my computer monitor. Interested in the outcome.
    Nick