Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

1941 AMC MkII

Article about: Just picked up this 1941 MkII made by AMC (Austin Motor Co Cowley) However the liner seems to be a 1958 replacement,also looks to be repainted Green over Tan. It was listed as possibly a Fir

Default 1941 AMC MkII

Just picked up this 1941 MkII made by AMC (Austin Motor Co Cowley)
    However the liner seems to be a 1958 replacement,also looks to be repainted Green over Tan.
    It was listed as possibly a Fire or Rescue Helmet ?
    Is there anyway to tell if the Leather neck Flap is period to the helmet,it has a separate liner attaching it,no markings that i can see.
    Anyway i think AMC MkIIs are a little bit less common,are they not
    Thanks Mick.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1941 AMC MkII   1941 AMC MkII  

1941 AMC MkII   1941 AMC MkII  

1941 AMC MkII   1941 AMC MkII  

The 58 is the size in metric and the colour of the paint, the red ribs to the liner and the neck flap are typical of post war Dutch use.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

A WW2 British issue helmet that has been used by the Dutch post war, painted in the Dutch CD colour. By the mid 50's they started production of the their clone version of the MK2.

Bugger, you would think id learn when they dont show clear pics of the Liner
    Oh well, good shell at least.
    Happy New Year Boys

?

My word exactly, Bugger. Hopefully you didn't pay to much for it, & on the bright side in about 100 years it might be worth a lot of money.
    I bought a NFS helmet off the net with the decal on the front, but when it came it was a post war Dutch clone of the Mk2. It didn't show a picture of the inside, which if it had I would have known it was wrong.
    But ha ho, there you go.
    Have a good one Mick.