Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

1941 'NZP' named camouflage helmet

Article about: Here is an interesting one with an interesting camouflage pattern that I have never seen before. This is a NZ Production NZP helmet dated 1941 which is named to two service members Nolan and

Default 1941 'NZP' named camouflage helmet

Here is an interesting one with an interesting camouflage pattern that I have never seen before. This is a NZ Production NZP helmet dated 1941 which is named to two service members Nolan and Ryrie. I am doing some research to identify the owners at the moment. I suspect these are members of the NZ Home Guard.

Rob

SMP
    ?

Another interesting helmet. You have a great collection !

Hello Rob, that is a very rare helmet, it has it's early MK1 liner, and early Chinstrap.
    You Don,t see many like it now, most have had their Liners and Chinstraps changed.
    is the paint colour Tan or Faded Green?
    Regards
    mark

Quote by markkevin2 View Post
    Hello Rob, that is a very rare helmet, it has it's early MK1 liner, and early Chinstrap.
    You Don,t see many like it now, most have had their Liners and Chinstraps changed.
    is the paint colour Tan or Faded Green?
    Regards
    mark
    Wow that's really interesting. I'm a bit colour blind but to my eye its a light tan colour with a hint of pink and more yellow tan swipes of the brush around it. It's an unusual camouflage for sure.

Rob

Were these NZP 1941 pattern helmets used in the Pacific war or only Home Guard?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Were these NZP 1941 pattern helmets used in the Pacific war or only Home Guard?
    I'd be keen on finding this out too.

Rob

Interesting Helmet, could also be painted post war as so many were..research the names is the key. See if these guys were in Italy etc