Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

1942 Dated C.L./C. Flashed to the Cape Breton Highlanders

Article about: I thought I would share one of two flashed Canadian helmets I have very recently acquired it is 1942 dated C.L./C. steel lot batch 94 is sporting a 43 dated VMC liner and is adorned with a d

?

Default 1942 Dated C.L./C. Flashed to the Cape Breton Highlanders

I thought I would share one of two flashed Canadian helmets I have very recently acquired it is 1942 dated C.L./C. steel lot batch 94 is sporting a 43 dated VMC liner and is adorned with a divisional flash to the Cape Breton Highlanders and has that been there done that look I like so much in my helmets with a nice well worn patina showing a few nicks ,scrapes and scuffs and a couple of small impact strikes to the dome.
    A close up of the flash reveals that it has very likely been on this example since the beginning I will post up better images upon its arrival in the mail.

Divisional Flash Cape Breton Highlanders
    image of CBH officer and soldier on Maneuvers in England 24 November 1942
    Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1942 Dated C.L./C. Flashed to the Cape Breton Highlanders   1942 Dated C.L./C. Flashed to the Cape Breton Highlanders  

Last edited by Mark K; 03-10-2015 at 07:34 PM.

CBH
    ?

Looks like a great helmet Mark ! It must be a rare and expensive one too .
    Looking forward to seeing more photos .
    Cheers Chris

Keep 'em coming Mark (if you can afford to!) I really like the look of this one, a nice level of wear and a great addition. Leon.

Very nice Mark its been a good month so for for you

?

Many thanks Gents and yes Matt it has been a good run the last couple of months I have quite a few I have not even shown on the forum yet.
    Hi Leon I am fortunate to have a little money put a side for these harder to source helmets so when they become available and are offered to me I can usually work out a deal with the seller.
    I will try and post up my other flashed example tonight or tomorrow in the am time permitting.

Regards Mark