Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

1942 Dated G.S.W.Mk II

Article about: I thought I was done for the time being with Canadian Mk II lids but I could not help myself when this one popped up for sale as General Steel Wares ( G.S.W. ) stopped producing combat grade

?

Default 1942 Dated G.S.W.Mk II

I thought I was done for the time being with Canadian Mk II lids but I could not help myself when this one popped up for sale as General Steel Wares ( G.S.W. ) stopped producing combat grade helmets in mid 1942 and only produced a mild steel variation for The Department of Pensions & Health ( A.R.P. and Civil Defense Network ) and I did not have the A F steel lot batch number in my collection yet .
    So if I look at it from the perspective of adding every steel lot batch number by the year of manufacturer I could be adding Canadian Mk II's to my collection for a long time to come

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1942 Dated G.S.W.Mk II   1942 Dated G.S.W.Mk II  

1942 Dated G.S.W.Mk II   1942 Dated G.S.W.Mk II  

1942 Dated G.S.W.Mk II   1942 Dated G.S.W.Mk II  

Nice MK2 Mark,if your going for it then yes it will take like forever,I know,im nowhere near finished with the M1 game yet,well done on acquiring such a good looking example.........

?

Thanx Jake truth be told I can't just quite cold turkey I tried really I did the withdrawal was way to much if you are thinking of collecting M-1 helmets by heat stamps you will be at it for some time as well

Regards Mark

My ww2 m1 collection to date!!!!!!check this out Mark,im not pluggin well maybe a little.....

Very nice indeed I recently saw a British J.S.S MKII with a Canadian V.M.C liner in it.

?

Thanks for the reply as to Mk II helmets with swapped out liners I will not say it is common place but I have a couple of British Helmets in my collection that IMO have period swapped Canadian liners who can say why it was done comfort,trade off,field repair, etc..
    Here is an example of a camo from my collection the shell was produced by (EC&CO Ltd) E Carmeliant & Co Ltd Birmingham and is 1940 dated and it is sporting a 1942 dated VMC liner and a Canadian war time period chinstrap .

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1942 Dated G.S.W.Mk II   1942 Dated G.S.W.Mk II  

1942 Dated G.S.W.Mk II  

The only thing about it that confused me that is that it was a NFS helmet.