Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

1956 Dutch Civil Defence

Article about: Thought you may like to see my recent purchase. A surprise find in Melbourne. Thanks to previous threads on these I can identify this as a 1956 helmet by Verenigde Blikfabrieken. Enjoyed a l

?

Default 1956 Dutch Civil Defence

Thought you may like to see my recent purchase. A surprise find in Melbourne. Thanks to previous threads on these I can identify this as a 1956 helmet by Verenigde Blikfabrieken.
    Enjoyed a little 'therapy' dismantling and cleaning as well as feeding the leather and dissolving some of the rust stains.
    Would this be the last time a Brodie style helmet was manufactured anywhere?

1956 Dutch Civil Defence
    1956 Dutch Civil Defence
    1956 Dutch Civil Defence
    1956 Dutch Civil Defence

Oz.

Nice original example. Makes you wonder how it ended up as surplus on the other side of the world...

I agree. I blame eBay.....it's enabled us all to obtain things we'd've never even seen from the other side of the world. I think going forward there'll be a lot more out-of-place items which as far as I'm concerned is just great!!

These helmets are often sold as Brit WW2 Flak gunner helmets...but there's a whole load of Dutch Civils to collect with coloured rings etc......

?

I wondered how it got here too. I guess there was a lot of stuff miss-identified before personal computers made the research relatively easy. No expensive ($60AUS) so I suppose someone could have lost out somewhere.

Oz.