Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!

Article about: I purchased these recently for my collection and would appreciate any information regarding the 2 different hessian types. the lid with the Indian artillery patch and dressing also came with

2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!

bet you can guess which ones come from which lol!

Has the example with the smooth paint got any markings on the shell?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I remember finding some markings on it when I bought it but I cant for the life of me find a thing now :-/
    liner very crackly!

If it is British made they would be near the chinstrap lugs. Smooth paint usually means home front use if British made.
    Regards,

Jerry

2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!

thought I might as well post the rest of so called indian lot!
    even though he's put most of this together himself am still fairly happy with it, paid about 100 for the lot!

Found marking on the liner of smooth one which reads 'VERO - I - 1938 and what appears to be an A 5 near chinstrap lugs, that's the lid of what ive been told is an RAF hessian.
    the Indian one has totally different rivets etc...

Thanks, but it was the markings on the shell that I was interested in seeing. both liners are MKI type, early or pre war.
    Regards,

Jerry

sorry cant see any Anon. gone shell blind now lol! will try again later!
    many thanks!

Quote by TommiTank View Post
    sorry cant see any Anon. gone shell blind now lol! will try again later!
    many thanks!
    No worries.
    Regards,

Jerry

Never seen those rivets before, could it be field made?

Early on Indian troops bound for North Africa and the Middle East were primarily issued South African helmets, however I've read somewhere that India did produce mkII type helmets towards the end of the war, but I've never actually seen one.

Photos of Indian net from India MkII - Brendon's Helmets

2 other recently purchased british helmets. info on different hessians if poss. please!

The hessian cover looks like the army standard type.

Btw. Very good price. I've seen an early homefront lid with hessian cover go for more than 150 quid on ebay last year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast