Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

39 dated tommy MKII with partial camo paint

Article about: I appear to have not started a thread on this one previously and I took some new pictures today. 39 dated shell but no date on the liner on the size.

Default 39 dated tommy MKII with partial camo paint

I appear to have not started a thread on this one previously and I took some new pictures today. 39 dated shell but no date on the liner on the size.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 39 dated tommy MKII with partial camo paint   39 dated tommy MKII with partial camo paint  

39 dated tommy MKII with partial camo paint   39 dated tommy MKII with partial camo paint  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: 39 dated tommy MKII with partial camo paint

Nice helmet! I lack one of these in my collection.

?

A few more with various "theatre" nets ...

Gary J.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 39 dated tommy MKII with partial camo paint   39 dated tommy MKII with partial camo paint  

Quote by Gary J View Post
    A few more with various "theatre" nets ...

Gary J.
    Very nice Gary. I have six tommy helmets and I am thinking about getting another one I saw last week.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 39 dated tommy MKII with partial camo paint  
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Is the green paint on the outside smooth, & the rest just rust? making it look 2 tone.
    Jerry the six helmets, is the bottom right one a MkI*

?

One of mine is a 39 dated sandtex finish, which has covered the liner screw sealing it on the outside ..
    The rest are a mixture of smooth painted and rough.
    (The black helmet was my grandfathers fire watchers helmet).
    And the Mk1 on the right of the first picture is not original paint.

I tend to look for original "army" issues .. and grab the decent ones when I see them.

Gary J.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Is the green paint on the outside smooth, & the rest just rust? making it look 2 tone.
    Jerry the six helmets, is the bottom right one a MkI*
    To the first question, yes, but it was obviously green and where the tan/brown was applied to the surface it has stopped that part from flaking off, whilst the remainder has gone, but I think it was originally two tone or at the very least a tan/brown camo, though you might be correct and it is all just rust, though when I bought it about 4 years back the tan/brown section looked to be painted on. You can see from the pictures of the underside where the original green paint has survived in a better state than the top.

To the 2nd question, yes I think it is a MKI and there is a thread with more pictures posted in this section somewhere and I have been trying to clearly ascertain which exact model it is. It looks to have had a metal rim strip at some time, though I posted it recently on the Great War forum and those who replied said it was a Brodie, so I am happy to get your opinion on it.

MkI or Raw edge Brodie/Tommy helmet
    Regards,

Jerry