Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

44 Dated Mk II HSAT

Article about: I have been searching for a nice example of a mid war produced Mk II HSAT for some time now to add to my collection and while doing an internet search late last week on Canadian Mk II brodie

That's one gorgeous British Para helmet!

Thank you for sharing.

Regards,
    Taka

?

Thanks for the replies Gentlemen I have been on the hunt for a nice mid to late war Mk II HSAT for some time now so when this one popped up I thought I had better act quick as I new it would not be on the market long.
    I have been in conversation with a few fellow collectors here in Canada and the UK over the net and scrim on this particular HSAT although apparent it has been on this helmet for some time the consensus so far is that the burlap scrim can not definitively be pegged down to war time applied.
    This particular type of multi colored burlap first appeared very late war and was used on the larger camo nets as seen used on mobile equipment and or gun emplacements .
    Much of this type of burlap scrim was also used post war for many years until war time supplies were depleted a fellow collector and x-service man here in Canada has memories of this type of scrim still stowed away in the companies military stores twenty odd years ago .
    The net it self is good and was mid to late war manufactured the scrim has been tied on and woven through this net for many years and IMO takes nothing away from the helmet it self.
    And as there still is the possibility it was late war applied it can stay right in place were it is and I am quite happy with it as it adds that little extra wow feature to the helmet and displays rather nice.

Regards Mark K

Must have missed this when it was posted, a cracking example Mark and a type I have still to add to my collection, one day perhaps if I can find a cheap one locally to me.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thanks very much for the reply Jerry I have waited patiently with the money in the bank for a long time for an example as nice as this one to be offered for sale.

Regards Mark K
    Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!

?

Glad your pleased with it Mark, will be hard to upgrade on this one

?

Thanks very much Aaron I have a feeling it wont be my last they are such an iconic helmet

Regards Mark K
    Always on the look out for WW II Canadian Helmets and Cam nets to add to my collection.

Found a Canadian Mk II Medics Helmet and yes I know they are about as rare as hens teeth !!!!!

?

Bump

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12