Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

44 Dated Mk II HSAT

Article about: I have been searching for a nice example of a mid war produced Mk II HSAT for some time now to add to my collection and while doing an internet search late last week on Canadian Mk II brodie

?

Default 44 Dated Mk II helmet,steel airbourne troops

I have been searching for a nice example of a mid war produced Mk II HSAT for some time now to add to my collection and while doing an internet search late last week on Canadian Mk II brodies I perchance stumbled on a site I had never been to before with some very nice examples of commonwealth helmets for sale while scrolling down and looking at the dealer's web site I came upon this example of a Mk II HSAT and it stopped me in my tracks.
    It is a wonderful all original example of a near mint HSAT that retains all most all of its original dark brown paint and textured finish the net has left an impression on the exterior of the shell which is to be expected.
    The liner was manufactured by BMB and is in a nice large size of 7 3/4 the crown pad is still present with the faint out line of chalk around it.
    The sorbo rubber looks to still be very pliable and supple and IMO the harness looks to be spot on all and all a very nice original unmessed with helmet that has seen very little use .
    I stated earlier that this helmet stopped me in my tracks and what caught my immediate attention was the condition of the net and in particular the scrim it wasn't that I could find any direct fault with either it was the over all condition that had me in ah after looking at it for some time and comparing it to others I felt I needed a different set of eyes to look at it and so contacted a forum member whom I have a lot of respect for and asked for some advice.
    I had no doubts about the helmet I was positive it was a keeper I had done my homework but the net and scrim were beyond my expertise the member I contacted feels that the net is all original to the helmet and that it was probably used for a short time post war which makes sense when you take in to account the condition of the helmet and the net this helmet very likely seen no service during WW II.
    I believe this HSAT with net and scrim will stand on its own and is an excellent example that would be near impossible to upgrade from any and all comments are welcome.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 44 Dated Mk II HSAT   44 Dated Mk II HSAT  

44 Dated Mk II HSAT   44 Dated Mk II HSAT  

Last edited by Mark K; 06-06-2015 at 01:42 AM. Reason: spelling correction

Great example, love the scrim. Congrats Mark.

Cheers, Mads

?

Thanks for the reply Mads

SMP
    ?

Superb condition. Don't think you will find a better one. Congrats !

What do you make of the "map" drawn onto the top crash pad ? Don't think the previous owner ever got to the bottom of it .

?

I was thinking it was possibly a game of tic tac toe they never got to finish.

Regards Mark K

SMP
    ?

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    I was thinking it was possibly a game of tic tac toe they never got to finish.

Regards Mark K
    I think it is more than that. It has a road, a river, and a bridge - if I remember correctly.

?

You are correct of course I am just being a smart A$$

Regards Mark k

?

SMP once I have the helmet in hand I will take some better pictures of the dome pad

Regards Mark K

?

Hi SMP as to the query on the drawing on the dome pad I do not think it is what either you or I expected it to be.
    Perhaps it was drawn from boredom a soldier thinking about home. Or perhaps a child that has found a new medium to doodle on we may never really know.
    I have included a few more images of the helmet net and scrim as well.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 44 Dated Mk II HSAT   44 Dated Mk II HSAT  

Mark, That's one to be proud of Mate!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast